Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ASPW..should i buy another Cruiser

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Been watching this, I think its pretty recent,, ASPW. deciding which Truck next

I wish I'd twigged what ASPW meant before I clicked watch. Now I'll have to start my therapy all over again.

Cheers Higgy!

I wish I'd twigged what ASPW meant before I clicked watch. Now I'll have to start my therapy all over again.

Cheers Higgy!
Sorry about that.. Didnt realise that there wasn't an ending.. More like a competition "Guess what im gonna buy next folks"....:doh:Love those Troop carriers tho.

I own his 1st South Afican Troopy and have for over 3 years, not the one in that vid unless mine is in it as well
Don't watch the blokes stuff talks bollocks most of the time, and knows nothing about looking after a Cruiser if the servicing on my truck is anything to go by but that's another story.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I own his 1st South Afican Troopy and have for over 3 years, not the one in that vid unless mine is in it as well
Don't watch the blokes stuff talks bollocks most of the time, and knows nothing about looking after a Cruiser if the servicing on my truck is anything to go by but that's another story.
Yeh the first one is on the Vid (yours)... I know what you mean , But i think they all give you the same story but in a different Format, There are so many on you tube now telling you how to drive your truck... I find them entertaining somehow..

Thanks for that post Chris. I will learn from.your mistakes.

I will not watch his tripe. Bloke only gives good reviews if they give him.stuff.

Alot of what he comes up with is crap.

But you can't deny he's seen more of the world that we have. I'd love to have done the trips that he has. But I wouldn't want to have done them with him. He just comes over like a bit of a cock-womble most of the time. What he lacks is a little humility I think. But he's gained a huge amount of knowledge and experience over the years. Thing is that you can't buy respect.

He did have a small advantage on trips by living in South Africa, not the same as the East Midland lol

Well there is a desert in Mansfield...
I use to have hours of endless fun up the Desert on me motor cross bike back in the day.. they even gave the Coppers crossers.. when they use to do a surprise raid on us... much more effective than a mk 1 Astra

I think the problem with ASPW is that by his own admission he gets more ‘views’ these days ranting to the camera about meaningless technicalities than making the sort of thoughtful travel films that made him famous in the first place.

Yeh the first one is on the Vid (yours)... I know what you mean , But i think they all give you the same story but in a different Format, There are so many on you tube now telling you how to drive your truck... I find them entertaining somehow..

Yes I agree, but nothing teaches better than hands on, which they all encourage. but it must be very difficult to bring something refreshing each episode, and as others, I’ve enjoyed the early travel programmes of ASPW, but for me I like “ Roothy” he seems to be more of my mindset. I particularly enjoyed the building of his second “ Milo” For me, he represents more the likes of “us” if you like, JMO, regards to all, Bill Westley

This wonderful slideshow of three lads crossing the Sahara in 1959 is the best thing I’ve seen on YouTube this week. Simpler times.

O yes, and a lovely narration , happier days that’s for sure,

Thank you for sharing that link, I found it fascinating viewing.

Back