Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto transmission oil change. High mileage. Never changed before

You should of asked them how much fluid they changed for the £120 price , did they just drain it from the sump once say 2 litres from the 12 litres that it holds or do muti drains to get at least two thirds changed ,

Yeah that's what took so long. Because they drained it few times.
That would have been a good question. Would have helped alot of LC owners

What is the correct temperature for fluid level in a750f in Europe? I can find two ranges,one is from 40-45 °C, and other is from 46-56°C.
Now waiting for a nice warm dry weather weekend to do a "flush" with 12l atf ws.

Specs were changed to the lower temp because the level would be a bit low if using the higher temp. If this is on a 100 series, the FSM check procedure involves the check light coming on at the old (wrong), higher temperature. Either use other means of measuring, or just go for a half hour drive at legal highway speed.

So 40-45°C it is. I have a Scanguage II, so I can always look at the ATF and torque converter temperature, beside voltage and coolant temp.

Once I went camping and fridge didn't start up. I had multimeter in the car, so I checked voltage, and it was less than 12V. So I thought maybe I drain the battery over night, so I went driving further. At the destination, I checked one more time and it was alarmingly low, started a car with struggle. It was sunday, so shops were closed. Just turned off everything I can and drove another 100 km to my service guy, so he can fix it on monday. Thankfully I have two batteries under a hood (winter edition). After that event I decided, I need one voltmeter, so scanguage is perfect for this.

I did it today. 6 changes of Atf Ws in "drain and refill" principle, 12 l. Yota is happy now.
Biggest suprise was when the engine is on, less fluid drips out of a check hole, than when is off.

I did it today. 6 changes of Atf Ws in "drain and refill" principle, 12 l. Yota is happy now.
Biggest suprise was when the engine is on, less fluid drips out of a check hole, than when is off.
Yes, that's a typical rookie ignorance (I've been there...). ATF level has to be checked with the engine running. Otherwise you end up with a too low level and a malfunctioning gearbox.
So, on e.g. the A750F without the dipstick, you do the last topping up with the engine running, until it starts draining out the level plug. Just don't stick the filler tube too far in....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, that's a typical rookie ignorance (I've been there...). ATF level has to be checked with the engine running. Otherwise you end up with a too low level and a malfunctioning gearbox.
So, on e.g. the A750F without the dipstick, you do the last topping up with the engine running, until it starts draining out the level plug. Just don't stick the filler tube too far in....
The last time I did with engine on, watched also fourby4diesel videos with all the details.
Started with atf temp about 35°C.
But first five changes I cheched with engine off and few more pumps after closing the screw. Then turn the engine one, change all the gears for 3 times,3s each gear. Turned off,drain, fill, repeat.
I was so oily,even forgot about the beer!

Now there are all the info on forum :)

Reactions: uHu
Back