Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Awning privacy or shade

rob rule

IMG_20180210_074915.jpg
IMG_20180210_074817.jpg
IMG_20180210_074804.jpg

Looks like it did the job.

I love your short wheel base 70! :icon-biggrin:

I wish they were available in other markets apart from the Middle East and South America! :|

Thanks Guys-
On the swb vs lwb debate (especially the 70 series - as I have owned both a 76 and now a 71) there are many pro's and con's.
For my purposes (overlanding /camping for 2) I would swop the 71 for a 76 in a heartbeat!...alas 76 are as rare as hen's teeth around here.

Apart from the obvious space difference, for me the 76 gave me a far more securely planted feeling. So drifting around a washboard corner was fun - in the 71 is downright scary as the 71 threatens to topple.
As a positive, the 71 is remarkable evenly weighted (empty) 950 kg front and rear axles. (I have access to a weighbridge:)) Gross weight differences aside, the 76 would inevitably bog down rear axle first, the 71 is more tolerant with far less rear axle bias when the going gets to not-going!

cheers

I'm fortunate enough to have both and I completely agree with you! :icon-biggrin:

In my opinion the 76 (LJ78 in my case) is the perfect overlanding vehicle! Same size wheel base as a 60 series and lots of room to carry all the necessary gear to comfortably travel and camp. :clap:

I used my short wheel base for many years for that and it was always a struggle as there just wasnt enough space! :shifty:

Now my short wheel base has had the body replaced with a rare soft top one and will just be used as a fun weekend car/rock crawler. :icon-twisted:

IMG_5043.JPG

IMG_5040.JPG

IMG_5050.JPG

IMG_5048.JPG

Back