Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Awnings and awning rooms

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
Though not entirely model specific, I am looking at an ARB 2.5x2.5 awning and wondering if any of you have one, hows it lasting and anyone have pics with it mounted to the side of 100series? Don’t know whether the 2.5 will look odd with a 40mm overhang so may get the 2.om instead.

And your question about rooms...?

The matching ARB room is flippin' brilliant. And the cheapest out there. What? Yes it's the cheapest out there.

@Chris the rooms was going to be a second question.... but then I opened a beer

Is the deluxe worth getting over the “normal” room with floor? The size is important as it looks like there isn’t a normal room with floor for the smaller size. I dont think I will use the mozzie net feature of the deluxe, but is it still worth the extra.

@Chris the rooms was going to be a second question.... but then I opened a beer

Is the deluxe worth getting over the “normal” room with floor? The size is important as it looks like there isn’t a normal room with floor for the smaller size. I dont think I will use the mozzie net feature of the deluxe, but is it still worth the extra.
Never underestimate the value of a mozzie net! Not just for mozzies but all the other critters that want to piss you off, especially at night when you’ve got a light on!!

Hmm, too technical for me to answer given that I haven't a clue.

OK I have the 2.0 x 2.5 iirc but the awning is from Direct4x4 because it was the cheapest. The clip in room is ARB and was £164 del from Flatdog. It's one complete, single piece. Floor, walls and roof all together. It has a door with fly screen and windows all with screens too. Then there's a panel that opens to allow access into the vehicle or trailer. I simply can't fault it. You could sleep in it no worries. It keeps the rain out and given the airgap between the top and the awning it stays cool in the sun. We were in it in France, Spain or some other foreign place where the midges were biting and we sat there smug as tw@ts having a salad whilst people were running around spraying themselves with chemicals. It's completely sealed.

Screenshot 2019-05-04 at 21.07.41.jpg

If you're thinking about going down the ARB route remember DEVON 4x4 have a 20% off sale on ARB gear at the moment (until the end of May I think).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Here’s my awning room that I picked up from Chris last year. It’s been bloody brilliant.

5611D5C8-9D06-415E-8323-0385646E4D9B.jpeg

I keep it in the roof box and it only takes a couple of minutes to attach it to the awning when you want a bit of shelter.

Great for putting up guests, containing children and animals, and for storing bulky things like fridges and child seats when we sleep in the back of the truck.

A19DD8E3-F7CA-4207-AD88-A8742A0D37E8.jpeg

It’s an unbranded 180x200cm model with a full roof and floor. Virtually identical to the ARB ones. One of my favourite things about it is the inside door that lines up with your rear passenger door so you can get in and out of the car from the tent.

I'd forgotten all about that.

If you're thinking about going down the ARB route remember DEVON 4x4 have a 20% off sale on ARB gear at the moment (until the end of May I think).
Cheers will save me a few quid. Normally don’t bother with Devon4x4 as they are expensive in the first place. Flat dog for eg are only a few quid more than Devon sale price at their normal rrp. But a few quid is worth saving.

Here’s my awning room that I picked up from Chris last year. It’s been bloody brilliant.

View attachment 155857

I keep it in the roof box and it only takes a couple of minutes to attach it to the awning when you want a bit of shelter.

Great for putting up guests, containing children and animals, and for storing bulky things like fridges and child seats when we sleep in the back of the truck.

View attachment 155858

It’s an unbranded 180x200cm model with a full roof and floor. Virtually identical to the ARB ones. One of my favourite things about it is the inside door that lines up with your rear passenger door so you can get in and out of the car from the tent.
How big is the awning room when taken down? Does it come with a storage bag?

Back