Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

axle case

No the diff lock version is different to allow the fitting of the locker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What have you broke - this ?

2011-10-24102233.jpg

Mine broke in the Western Sahara, but a couple of friendly local teenagers welded up a new one in a couple of hour.

If thats the bit you've broken and decent welder should be able to fab up a replacement without the headache of a new axle. I got my moroccan repair redone by a local engineering outfit and also all the othre mounting points and brackets strengthened for about £300

You guessed it in one shayne Its common then? What guage of steel should I be using then? out with the MIG then I thought it might get a rest now I have sold both my Fourtrak's which incidentally seem to be better at towing than the Collie (unless the other issue is the cause) but with the Collie you can have a conversation with the passengers without shouting and hear the radio which is nice!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not common but not unheard of obviously or i wouldn't have been able to find a pic . Weld it and brace it a bit would be a damn sight cheaper than replacing axles .

It is a fairly common problem with the axle, the drain holes block resulting in water becoming trapped insude the mount and corroding its way through.

Fairly simple repair though

Back