Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Axle conversion HZJ75 troopy

Parrot

Country Flag
australia
Hello again

Has anyone converted the axels on their 75 series troops/utes from the 6stud to the 5 stud pattern. All in the effort to run a modern skinny steel tubeless rim. Avoiding sunraysers at all cost!

Regards
Parrot

Looking on ToyoDIY I don't think it would be impossible, certainly for the rear axle. The Driveshafts are the same part number, so all you'd need is to track down a hub and bearing assembly for them

Front hubs I would expect are the same, but the axle track changed and also went to coils (VDJ onwards, 76/78/79 series onwards respectively)

A google search for custom made steel wheels Australia and got quite a few results though most were facebook and i'm not a member . Might that be a cheaper less complicated option to get what you want ?

Plenty of shinny steel Hilux rims around

A google search for custom made steel wheels Australia and got quite a few results though most were facebook and i'm not a member . Might that be a cheaper less complicated option to get what you want ?
Those are generally Sunraysia type wheels, which can be hit and miss - if they're legitimate Mine Spec, then they can be OK.

Plenty of shinny steel Hilux rims around
Which aren't the right offset (too positive) and spacers aren't legal.

Back