Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back from the powder coaters - 6 weeks on the dot.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I can scarcely believe it. No sooner had I dropped my bumper off for coating, 6 weeks later and it's back with only one bit missing. Ahh you have to love 'em. Decent bunch of lads but completely lost.
So long have they had it in fact that I have built a new one. Now I have this one back I am not sure I'm even going to use it. Grrrr. It will probably fit a standard cruiser and actually a number plate would cover up the winch hole quite nicely. It's a solid thing. And really nice now it's coated. Wish I'd done that first. Oh well.

New winch mount should be finished for Lincomb but it won't be coated.

Also had my Ironman springs done. Now they do look a treat. Once I washed the dust off them

P1010218.JPGP1010219.JPGP1010217.JPG

Nice looking bumper Chris.

Waiting for my sliders to come back from powder coat lol.

Hmm, don't think I saw your sliders whilst I was there. Maybe they were just being finished. :whistle::whistle:

C

They were going in the oven last week apparently lol, good job not paying a fortune!!
Seems no matter where you go there's no rush about getting the job done lol

I don't wish to appear to be bragging but in Redditch it's take it in one day and collect it the next.

Roger

The be honest Roger its like that in most places if you just want black as most powder coaters will do a black run at least once a day.

Chris I think you need to find another coaters mate! ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The be honest Roger its like that in most places if you just want black as most powder coaters will do a black run at least once a day.

Chris I think you need to find another coaters mate! ;)

yep I think so too Chris , I have two places in Kilmarnock both will do a next day service ,I had my roofrack done and they did the colour slightly wrong so no charge :dance:

Oh they can be quick too. But it's either same day OR possibly same year. As long as you take everything they tell you as BS then you won't be disappointed.

What do you pay though? I can guarantee I pay less. I was at school with the owner and sometimes he actually charges me, but usually it's a sort of nod and see you next time arrangement. They're local and I wasn't in a real rush, so why would I find somewhere else? :confusion-shrug:

Ok it is slightly frustrating. They make promises they just can't keep. They do huge commercial contracts and my bits and bobs are just time fillers so I guess you have to put up or shut up. But 6 weeks :icon-rolleyes:

Hey ho.

hi,

heres one for you chris, brother in law paul powder coated this in the garage, any thing is possible.
017.jpg

Nice. That wouldn't fit in my garage though, so something really aren't possible. I have a trailer to sell, which will give me some room to shift stuff out of the garage and down the side of the house. Then I might stand a chance.

Back