Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back to the Future .

Shayne

Guru
Its hard to believe these pair would be twins if i could turn back the clock 2 years on my truck .

DSCF2133_zpsapoipt2w.jpg

DSCF2135_zpsyzmyhc57.jpg

Nice!!!!
Proper little monster truck you got there mate.

Damn this is the one I missed out on from Dave in Leicester, beat me to it Shayne. On the other hand love your lifted collie

+2" Pedders and 40mm body lift Dave .

Cheers Phil I often wonder if yours looks bigger , have you removed the sidesteps ? A good excuse to post one of your very rare pics me thinks :icon-wink:

If it's any consolation Umar you probably would have walked away . Dave in Leicester was a nice bloke but his mechanical understanding of cars ends at "turn the key and it goes" . Somebody had obviously told him what it was worth and for him that was that .
It won't take me another 2 years to have them looking like twins again so the bits that should have been subject to negotiation were pretty much irrelevant to me as they will all be removed anyway .

Ahh well I'm glad you managed to find a black 3dr in the end especially when you did a 600 mile trip not long ago and the bloke sold the truck before you saw it. I noticed you've removed the bonnet guard have you any plans on using it as I'm on the lookout for one? Going to start collecting some bits for my planned project once I get my hands on a 3dr in black.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you were around the corner Umar I would say you can have the bonnet guard just take it away , but having spent the last 2 days pacing back and forth like a caged lion waiting for couriers to collect and deliver stuff I've just about had me fill of them for a while .
Theres a black swb on ebay , 180k miles on it and I think he's asking 2500 ono . If it were near me I'd be keen to have a look at it , maybe taking 1600 in cash along with me .

Nice photo Shayne, it a good reminder as to how much you've done to yours. I hope Helen is happy with it, or is she still borrowing yours? :lol:

Still borrowing mine :icon-rolleyes: Sod's law but to be fair her cars mot and tax ran out while it's been sat doing nothing for the past few months so that needs done before we can sell it , and with a woman's inexplicable logic she insists the new truck will not get taxed and insured until her car is sold :icon-question:

she he likes it though says it doesn't have the power like mine - maybe it should have bigger wheels - it would look nicer all black , I can't imagine what she's hinting at :shifty:

If anyone wants to give me 3 grand for a 2007 Hyundai coupe 1.6 , black , one owner from new approx 63k on the clock 7 main dealer service stamps and last serviced by a reputable independent garage then they have got themselves a bargain and it saves me listening to morons on the phone .

Last edited:
That's quite logical Shayne... sort of... :shifty:

Shayne, nice catch with the other 90 series, looks clean!

Cheeky question, but do you prefer the pre-facelift Bumper over the facelift bumper. I'm looking for a face-lift Bumper for my truck (again) and was wondering if you fancied a swap :lol:

:lol: Worth a shot Beau and you know it wouldn't matter a damn to me but the boss has already noticed she has lights that I don't so a swap would certainly put me in the doghouse :lol:

:lol: Worth a shot Beau and you know it wouldn't matter a damn to me but the boss has already noticed she has lights that I don't so a swap would certainly put me in the doghouse :lol:

:lol: Understand mate! Trying my best to get the truck prepped for it's migration to the US. Still not 100% committed yet, but hoping so soon!

I have one in the garage - its cracked, but free..............lights included! Oh, pick up in Froggy land :(

Just a bit of lift and some tyres gives a collie some real presence my old one was spotted all over the place but the new (to me) standard one just disappears into the crowd un noticed. Seeing a direct comparison makes you realise what a difference a bit of lift makes.

Another addition to the family

$_12.JPG

Nice....

When do you plan doing the lift and the 47's Shayne? :lol:

I expected that one Clive it was only a question of who would ask first , no modifications to this one i looked high and low for a solid dependable car for stepson and daughter in law . This one was the typical too good to be true being a 2002 D4D with just 48k on the clock . Nevertheless i drove 4 hours to take a look and ...... well I'm almost jealous of the kids ..... if only i could find the equivalent truck . The only thing not original is the battery which makes sense for a car that was never used and apart from that the only other comment i can make is the exhaust has some small rust spots which are in their infancy . There are no visible signs that its been driven at all so i convinced the seller to let me empty a tin of wynns egr cleaner into it before the test drive figuring if the car has never been on a motorway in its life then the wynns should give me a good belch of black smoke which would serve as confirmation that the car is genuine . It did and it is and all for the price of a 12 year old ford focus with 120k on the clock :icon-biggrin:

I'm obviously boringly predictable, if nothing else :lol: :icon-rolleyes:

Here's hoping you've got as good a deal as it looks :thumbup:

Back