Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ball joints brand

chrasjir

Country Flag
czech_republic
Hey guys,

I have a question about brands on the market. (especially in Aus)
I need to replace all ball joints on the steering rods.
I have been told prices for genuine and it is around AU$700, which is a bit more than I would like to spend for this on 30 years old daily car.
Do you have experience with some aftermarket brands which are good value for money?

Thanks a lot and car is 1988, HJ75, Troopcarrier

Jiri

If you have joints like this on your hj75.. which I think is most likely. Then they're adjustable.
20180106_091305.jpg

I bought a rebuild kit. Made in Japan! Joint fuji dlk2.
20180106_092300.jpg

Then realised that they're adjustable! Really super heavy duty kit of kit these!
If you take the split pin out and wind up the centre. Refit the split pin and grease. . Jobs a good one for another 50k miles!!

hmm looks very interesting.
I have to learn a lot. :) Unfortunately, I'm not able to download a repair manual where I suppose I can find this "tricks and tips"
Thanks a lot and I'll try this

Looks about $200AUD on fleabay for after market "Aust made" ?? set but you could also try http://stores.ebay.com.au/SydneyCityParts as well,- I am absolutely happy to recommend these guys as they do a brilliant job & send parts overnight free freight. I think the guy's name was Michael from memory - send a message with your VIN asking for the parts you want. I've bought plenty of parts from them & always excellent service for genuine Toyota.
Pretty easy job but make sure you get an alignment afterwards of course.

& as mentioned above they are very easy to rebuild if you dont have too much wear on the components - I prefer marine grease for these as it doesnt wash out so easily in creek crossings etc

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back