Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Batteries

Justin_Elliott said:
But how do 'sealed lead acid' compare to 'gel' batteries from a performance and safety aspect... :think:
If a sealed lead acid pops it may spray acid everywhere depending where it fails. Just placing a heavy load on them can be the trigger causing a build up of gas greater than the valving can handle which is what makes them go pop. Stick it in a battery box to protect from that and it should be safe.

^^^Great, could you take a look at the site and let me know which one it is that you want.

Right, I'll go for a CXV30HMF and CXV30HRMF and a bucket o' grease to fit it. Gonna be tight.
Those two are the same battery but opposing terminals. CXV30HRMF is Terminal, front right

They have a 7 day return policy which would be a pain and costly if I can't make it fit but looks like it will.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Okie Dokie it would seem we have all managed to work out what we want (price dependant) and so I will go back to Sam and have a chat.

Andrew with everyone having made their minds up we could place the order later today or first thing tomorrow with the possibility of a Saturday delivery if you are still keen to partake.

I will get a best price for the following:

Marius CXV35MF
Justin CXV31MF
Crispin CXV30HRMF and CXV30HMF
Warren CXV30HRMF and CXV30HMF

Hmmmmm I have heard back from Tayna....nothing great to report I’m sad to say as they can only do £2 off the list price due to the 4 different delivery locations.

Pretty poor if honest was expecting at least 10% but I guess times are tough for all.

Not sure what everyone wants to do but at £2 it does not make it worth a group buy in my opinion.

Thoughts??

Thanks Warren. I'll stick my current ones back on charge then :(

As it'll not hurt the group (much), I'll pull out. I need new batteries but they're not top of the list. It would have been fine if there was a decent saving from a group perspective but with only a £2 saving on a £90 battery, I will put it back lower on the list of things to get.

I had a shop around for the same model as mine last night and have to say, Tayna are by far the cheapest on the 'net by at least £10-£16 a battery so the low discount is not unsurprising .

Thanks for your time on this. It was a good attempt!

Made a few calls and have what i think are the best prices I can get with free delivery to me here in maidenhead. So bear in mind we need to get them to you.

Marius CXV35MF £82+vat
Justin CXV31MF £60+vat
Crispin CXV30HRMF and CXV30HMF £62+vat and £67+vat
Warren CXV30HRMF and CXV30HMF £62+vat and £67+vat

Not bad but they still need to get to you from me. They will be coming from Guildford and happy to hang on to them or courier them up to you or meet somewhere.

Thoughts??

Thanks Warren. That's about a £10 saving after tax per battery for me. The cost of then getting them from you to me would gobble that up. :(

Looks like it is a pretty tough market then for batteries.

I thought that I had posted a response.... but may have pressed the wrong button :oops:

My thoughts are the same as Crispin's, so I won't bother to repeat them.

Thanks a bunch for trying to organise this, much appreciated :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

warrenpfo said:
Made a few calls and have what i think are the best prices I can get with free delivery to me here in maidenhead. So bear in mind we need to get them to you.

Marius CXV35MF £82+vat
Justin CXV31MF £60+vat
Crispin CXV30HRMF and CXV30HMF £62+vat and £67+vat
Warren CXV30HRMF and CXV30HMF £62+vat and £67+vat

Not bad but they still need to get to you from me. They will be coming from Guildford and happy to hang on to them or courier them up to you or meet somewhere.

Thoughts??

I will take a look when I get home, but the second one I got (cxv31) I am sure I paid less than £60+vat for. It came from Manbatt in Shrewsbury. They the head office for Manbatt.

I know, but I used the head office in shrewsbury. I am not home till the weekend. But if it is cheaper I could always pick some up for you and if you meet me when I am down that way it might save you a few £££.

Current trade price of the Numax CXV31 MF is £57.26 +vat
If you do better than that give me your details and open me an account......... :cry:

Back