Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Battery chargers ?

Yup that seems the popular choice Chris.

Just realised the bike show is on at the Excel centre this weekend so I'll have a look.

I got the 5.0. It has settings for bikes cars and ags batteries. Charged a 100Ah battery using the restore mode which doubles the time but got it back to 13.8v whereas the normal charger was only getting 13.2v. Very happy with it gary

DBCC9D86-6B90-4661-B393-D43C295FE156.png
HI

is that the MSX 5.0?

Regards
G.
Mxs 5.0
HI

is that the MSX 5.0?

Regards
G.
yes, like this

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Tony, that’s as much as I wish to know about bikes. :)
Lol, sorry was a quick reply. I believe most if not all modern bikes are 12v. Certainly any that I have owned have been.

Lol, sorry was a quick reply. I believe most if not all modern bikes are 12v. Certainly any that I have owned have been.
Oh, no it wasn’ your reply. I just have an inherent dislike for motorbikes that’s all.

They have a serious deficiency in the wheel department. And they kill people with rather alarming regularity, well, apart from Shayne of course, :shifty:.

Much like American guns...

/runs and hides

I just have an inherent dislike for motorbikes that’s all.

Much like the guy who sat next to me on a speed awareness course I was sent on. On round the table introductions we were asked for names and to give two pet hates relating to driving and road use. His were caravans and, especially, bikes! So, on my turn it was name and "I have 3 bikes and a caravan" much to the amusement of everyone except your man.

They have a serious deficiency in the wheel department. And they kill people with rather alarming regularity, well, apart from Shayne of course, :shifty:.

They very nearly killed me too.....well to be more accurate a BMW X5 driver did . But if it wasn't for my wife and kids i would get back on one tomorrow...

This dislike of mine mostly stems from my school days. I didn’t really click with many of the teachers. There were a few that I got on with, one in particular was a young art teacher. Was probably only in his 20s and used to ride this big powerful silver thing. I’ll never forget being called to assembly on a non assembly day to be told he was dead. He’d hit a lamp post on his bike and died instantly, so they say. I always thought I was useless at art. He convinced me otherwise during his classes. He was good, very good.

This dislike of mine mostly stems from my school days. I didn’t really click with many of the teachers. There were a few that I got on with, one in particular was a young art teacher. Was probably only in his 20s and used to ride this big powerful silver thing. I’ll never forget being called to assembly on a non assembly day to be told he was dead. He’d hit a lamp post on his bike and died instantly, so they say. I always thought I was useless at art. He convinced me otherwise during his classes. He was good, very good.

Oh wow..........Thats a terrible thing to go through. I understand your dislike of motorcycles now.
Sorry buddy!

Oh wow..........Thats a terrible thing to go through. I understand your dislike of motorcycles now.
Sorry buddy!
Thanks. It was quite surreal. Stunned is about the best description. I remember very little of school but that will stay with me.

The main problem for a biker is that the bloody car drivers only look out for other cars, or bigger. The eyes are not tuned to notice the narrow vehicle, and that's fatal in many cases. If you look at a country where there are more 2-wheelers than cars on the road, you see less of those fatal accidents where a car driver enters a bigger road, or changes lanes, without seeing the bike. There are many smaller accidents tho' because of the high number of bikes.

Back to chargers: it's always that bigger is better. A 5 amp one is purely a maintenance charger, or for a bike or a Yaris. 10 % of the battery capacity is a good guideline, if you are not in a hurry. So for readers of this forum it would be 10 to 20 A. E.g. a sealed 10 A mounted in the engine compartment for maintenance (IP 68 Ctec, or similar) and a 20 A or bigger in the garage for charging.

Back