Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Before i buy new clutch master and slave

Shayne

Guru
Aisin .

There isn't a fancy aftermarket self bleeding alternative is there ?

It will bleed itself if you crack the bleed nipple on the slave and keep the master cylinder topped up.

I did that after Romania and all was good for a while but 2 weeks of the truck sat doing nothing and i now have to lift the clutch pedal with my foot !

My guess is the slave has failed and i figure the master being the same age i may as well replace both . I just vaguely remember some pissing about trying to bleed when i changed the clutch fluid in my 90 and got to thinking how easy it is to change steering fluid because it bleeds itself .

The dumbest questions are the ones you should have asked but didn't so hey ho thanks Chapel :thumbup:

Flipping up the pedal with your foot has always been failed seals on the slave cylinder ime.
I've repaired quite a few with the toyota seal kit and had good results.
You can't beat brand new though!

The slave is in all the heat and muck under the engine and does pull in quite a bit of filth. As part of my general service regime, I always pull a bit of fluid out of the slave when I'm under there. It's always a bit dirty. I did by a Milner slave and I ended up using parts of the original and parts of the new one in the end but it did cure the issue that you described Shayne. I also had a jingling noise which drove me nuts. It was the clutch fork if I recall. I wanted to use the slave rod to just take up a little slack to stop it playing music all the time. It worked.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Given the price of a new slave and the relative ease of fitting one I’d be going for replacement rather than new seals etc.
On the squeaky clutch problem I had this appear on mine when idling in neutral and turned out to be the ball pivot on the clutch arm. Fortunately you can get access to this by removing the rubber boot. Juggling a torch and mirror and a tin of spray grease with a long plastic tube you can get grease right into the pivot without it spraying where it’s not wanted. I wasn’t really sure what the noise was at first until I found this video although mine wasn’t quite as bad as this......

No noise from mine apart from the occasional slippage which i assume results from a delay in re-engaging .

Damn TP. I'd learned to sleep again but hearing that noise once more, I need to go back into therapy.

Ive replaced mine twice, found the easiest way to bleed it, is a big syringe and clear pipe, crack the nipple and suck the fluid through. keep topping the master and its done in a few mins

Back