Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

best underseal for land cruiser for the beach

l&p

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi what is the best thing to use for under sealing my car as i take it on the beach a lot? thanks L&P

I should seal it in the garage and take someone else's vehicle to the beach!

In the UK the wax oil type products are quite popular. Over here in Australia almost nobody has even heard of it... More people use fish oil (your car will smell a bit for a week or two). There are also electronic rust prevention systems which usually spark a lot if debate.

Dinitrol products seem to have a good reputation for under body seal . Fish oil Fridayman :think: interesting i have often wondered how pure tung oil would perform coz it's been used to proof wooden boats for thousands of years .

you need to be careful that what you use can't drip if it's oil based because that creates a significant hazard for other road users, especially motorcyclists.

The practice of spraying old engine oil or diesel on the underside is a real nono.

you need a good wax based cavity seal because you will never get the salt water out of the inside of the chassis rails etc even if you jet wash it immediately afterwards, you could try and find a nice deep fresh water crossing to wash it all through!!

Nothing will be 100% and ultimately it will cause your vehicle to rot out prematurely

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back