Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BFG 265/70 x 17 on the back door

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
my new tyre's a bit of a tight fit on the back door
was gona borrow one of the wife's plastic chopping boards and make a spacer

so what's everyone else done to acocmmodate a bigger tyre on the back door?

cheers

I bought the wife a 120 lc3 a few months ago. That came with 265`s on, as far as I can see there doesn't seem to be anything fitted to pull the spare away from the door. It does only look a bit tight down one side, I haven't had the wheel off yet to see for sure.

Cheers, Mark

Love the chopping board idea i used wood spacers on my 90 wheel i first fitted bigger rubber :lol: but eventually went with bigger offset wheels all round which cured the problem unintentionally . What about adding a wheel spacer to the bracket ?

I've no idea about the LC3 but 33" spare tyres on a 90 can touch and possibly bust the upper tail lights when the door is opened fully and may not clear the boot shelf/rear bumper . So these are measurements you might like to check on your 120 .

I've run 265/70 R17 BFG ATs on mine for 3 years. Yes the spare is a bit tight but it goes on when you tighten up the securing nuts. Been on and off a few times, never damaged anything.

thanks lads

went for three 4mm thick washers in the end,just clears the paint now

job done

Does a 265/70 R17 ft in the underslung spare space? I'm finding it difficult to find a decent car with rear mounted wheel and may have to go for an underslung rear.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Does a 265/70 R17 ft in the underslung spare space? I'm finding it difficult to find a decent car with rear mounted wheel and may have to go for an underslung rear.
Yes mine fits OK albeit a bit tight with the tow hitch

Back