Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A 265/70/17 Any good?

Beau

Country Flag
guyana
My mate has a set of BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A 265/70/17 with very good tread and Im thinking of buying them off him.

He is looking for £250 for them, is this a good price?

Never heard of them, and I suspect that goes for most of us. We usually stick with the ATs and MTs.

They're more of a commercial tyre for pick-ups and LDVs IIRC. Designed for long life but not for grip in slippery off-road conditions.

Is £250 a good price? Well, how long is a piece of string :mrgreen: If it's for 2 tyres, then I hope you're getting vaseline included in the price. If it's for 5, then maybe ok. What is very good tread? 95%? 50%?
On the sounds of it £250 might be a fair price but not a bargain IMHO... but that's hugely subjective without any facts/details.

Andrew Prince said:
They're more of a commercial tyre for pick-ups and LDVs IIRC. Designed for long life but not for grip in slippery off-road conditions.

Is £250 a good price? Well, how long is a piece of string :mrgreen: If it's for 2 tyres, then I hope you're getting vaseline included in the price. If it's for 5, then maybe ok. What is very good tread? 95%? 50%?
On the sound sof it £250 might be a fair price but not a bargain IMHO... but that's hugely subjective without any facts/details.

He said he can do them for £200 for me, they have 85% life left, no tyre damage and not been used off road, They came off his Nissan Titian, and they looked very nice indeed, but hes keeping the 17" wheels and selling on the tyres. And it is for a set of 4 tyres.

I had a quick look on google for these tyres. They are not really designed for a landcruiser, more for a pickup/truck type vehicle. They also get a lot of dreadfull reviews.
Like he said above - stick to A/T or even M/T if you like mud.
If BFG seem a bit too expensive try General Grabber A/T, a very capable tyre :)

I am running general grabber AT2s on my truck right now and have been very happy with them. They have got me through everything i have asked them to. From snow to sand to mud. Very very happy. Not sure what the price is like as i got mine unused second hand with alloys for £250

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back