Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BJ42 for a dummy, What do i need to know?

jamesfuller

Country Flag
great_britain
So, i'm in negotiations for a BJ42. Late model LX with tripple wipers, stripey seats and A/C!

What am I letting myself in for?
I have driven leaf sprung Patrols and Land Rovers before so I think i know what to expect comfort wise.
Sooo...
I would be driving from it back from Inverness to Cambridge, so what speed is a 3b happy to sit at?

If it rains, do i get wet like in a Landy?

Will it do 20mpg?

What is the fuel range like?

Is there enough room for a 6 foot big lad in one of these? I really struggle to fit in a Land Rover.

Thanks, James.

A good 3b should be happy at 65-70 mph james at 25mpg. It shouldnt leak and there will be plenty of room unless you are over 7 foot!! Go for it
Best of luck

A good 3b should be happy at 65-70 mph james at 25mpg. It shouldnt leak and there will be plenty of room unless you are over 7 foot!! Go for it
Best of luck

Hi James,
They are quite agricultural, so comfortwise they can be compared with a tractor.
Absolutely fun to drive in the woods but imo the fun would wear off quickly when you use it as a DD.
Did anyone already mention to you that they rust terribly?

Hi James,
They are quite agricultural, so comfortwise they can be compared with a tractor.
Absolutely fun to drive in the woods but imo the fun would wear off quickly when you use it as a DD.
Did anyone already mention to you that they rust terribly?

My sentiments entirely, I'm sure a drive from Inverness to Cambridge would cure you.

Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately it turns out the whole thing was a scam using stolen photos. Luckily I joined here to investigate or i may have lost all my money!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back