Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bj74 1hdt h55f combo!

Had quite a successful mission with the raptor bed liner!

P1010691.JPG

I rubbed down all the area with red scotch brite pads and sprayed epoxy primer then seam sealed then finished off with a healthy coat of raptor!

P1010692.JPG

So this is the result! Quite a change but it's reasonably difficult to get good cover on the ridges!

P1010693.JPG

Well pleased with both rear inner arches, they're well sealed and very tough!

P1010694.JPG

Ran out of paint! But covered the area's that are visible through the gaps in the engine bay bulkhead cover!

So need to buy some more buzzweld to complete the las of the underside. Been putting off the fuel tank but now it's time to get it painted and back on! Need 1 litre of raptor and then it's time to drop it on the chassis!

Getting there LOL !! :think::icon-biggrin::thumbup:

That epoxy primer is really meant to be the stuff. I'll be using it when the time comes.

Looks mint!

Cheers man! Yeah epoxy primer is the biz, but it's very hard to sand that's what I discovered! I believe you can let the epoxy cure for 45mins and then apply the top coat. Wet on wet..

Great to see a change with this but at least I know there's no rust under painted areas now..

Hi that is looking one top job it's on the way keep it up and keep the pics comeing love it r you comeing to Lincomb next weekend.

Hi that is looking one top job it's on the way keep it up and keep the pics coming love it r you coming to Lincomb next weekend.

Cheers Tony! It's great, to get a push on with it mate and gain the jump ahead.. Sometimes there's so much prep and going over bit's and area's that need attention you can put in many hours! There come's a point where when you're satisfied with the prep and "get on with it!" Lol..

Will try to make it to Lincolm with my 71 will see how I get on with work so see how it rolls by Saturday..

Been up the field at the back and got a lamb roast for dinner! :laughing-rolling::thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Would be great to see you bet the lamb roast for dinner was great.

I've done a load of prep yesterday and a couple of hours today on this... so tomorow will be getting the body back on the chassis! Alexy is coming over to help and to pickup on the experience.. So tomorow will be adding some progress pics and after nearly 7 months of near stand still there'll be some forward movement on the project!

Looking forward to it myself..:):thumbup:

Reactions: Ben
Had a great day on this project today! Really enjoyed it and so good to get this truck into one piece..

P1010996.JPG

Got the tank back in and with the help of Alexy it was so much easier!

P1020002.JPG

Used the door hindge mounts to attach the ratchet straps to lift it. Have tackled the rot thats behind the rear lights with a fibre glass kit, worked real well as to fab up steel and weld in would have been quite hard in such a twit of a place.

P1010999.JPG

Use my 1970's clark fork lift to get the job done...

P1020004.JPG

Well on it's way to be refitted on the chassis.

P1020006.JPG

Now back in place.. looking very good on the underside... just how I want a truck to look!

P1020007.JPG

Nice and clean looking! Must say I'm sorry to have been a moaning old git for buying a rusty 81 but this is how I want the underside to be. But now the stands are free.. the 81 body will be going on them in the next few weeks! Hopefully it can be saved!

P1020005.JPG

So quite a lot of panel work on the front end to be done. Wing tops and inner wings are salvageable but both of the lower outer wings are questionable and quite frankly the bonnet is very annoying! Lol.

P1020010.JPG

The 1hdt looks to have shrunk under the bonnet! It's well and truly in there and looking to get it started up soon.

There's seriously loads of work to chip away at on this, but after the break from it, I have renewed enthusiasm to take this forward. I like it a lot!

Many thanks to @alexy for coming over to help today, I really do appreciate your effort and happy for you to gain some experience from calling by! Cheers mate!:thumbup:

More to follow!!:icon-biggrin::thumbup:

Hi Iwan that looking so good comeing on thanks for the pics love to see it on its way :thumbup::clap:.

Hi Iwan that looking so good comeing on thanks for the pics love to see it on its way :thumbup::clap:.

Cheers Tony! Slow progress but, so happy to see some progress too!
IMG_0889.jpg

I really like this pic cause the expression on my face has captured the feeling of meeting a mile stone of getting two main parts of it back together lol!

Am hatching out a plan of action at the moment to get some more progress going on with it, need to buy a compressor to get some decent air to be able to paint and ultimately that would allow to start fitting it out with components etc.

If somebody has a set of power steering pipes for a hzj7x then I'd be very happy to hear from you and can cover the costs etc... they're really rare to find here!

I like it!:thumbup:

Slowly slowly catch a monkey that is a good selfie pics you have taken.:clap::banana-rainbow:.

"alexy, help me put my 71 back together"

sorry..:doh:

I've enjoyed a hit on this today!

P1020012.JPG

Reinstated the inner bulkhead liner and the heater unit that originally was on my rotted out kzj71 and the speedo cable of it too. Am digging the internal clutch booster just like an early 80.... wooo woo woo should rephrase "just like an early 80 inherited from it's predecessors!" LOL!:laughing-rolling:

P1020011.JPG

I had a hard time finding the tunnel cover as they'requite different. On the lhs is a 60 series, good lever spacing's but too small. Rhs lj70 right size but lever spacings incorrect. Was actually beginning to think that I'd positioned the gearbox in the wrong place then found the original one in the middle which seems to be a hybrid between the two! Happy days on that!

P1020014.JPG

So embarked on getting the original 24 volt wiring loom back in. To be very honest I had completely forgotten the routing of the wires! And a bit time consuming to say the least!

Going to be very busy in the morning aim to get the steering column in with the dash, clocks etc! The only bodged wiring so far that I've found is the radio wiring so feel confident that it'll work... got a key for the ignition too.. lol!:icon-biggrin::thumbup:

Hi looking good will have to come and have a look wen me old back is up to it and its ok with you thanks a lot for the pics it's keeping me going :thumbup:.hope to see you soon.

I've had a couple of hit's on the dash so far and it's come on well! Got the AC evaporator in too.
P1020016.JPG

The white floor is a night mare to keep clean lol!
P1020015.JPG

Diggin the old school dark blue plastic parts on the bj74, same as the pre 1990 lj70 bundera with the grey interior. Nice!

P1020018.JPG

It's been a nice mission to get this point... there's not many at all parts out of place behind the dash as I've test fitted it 3 times to check that it's ok!

It's coming along well and a nice part to get done. Also nice to see the parts pile going down!:thumbup:

Happy new year to all!:thumbup:

Happy new year!

Wish I was in the shed rather than the local boozer listening to Johnny cash being slaughtered on the karaoke...

Happy new year keep up with it it's coming on.:thumbup:.

Happy new year mate! Be good to catch up with you soon man!:thumbup:
P1020019.JPG

I got the dash work together and such a good progress to see this section of the truck back together..

P1020020.JPG

Just missing the 24 volt a/c control unit to complete the wiring behind the dash.... even tho the rest of the a/c pipework has a long way to go!!

Lovin it! Nice progress to see!..:thumbup::icon-biggrin:

Hi that is on its way o yes great to see it comeing good job

Back