Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blimey

With the 200 series fazed out can only see these types of vehicles rising in value in the coming years.

Not been used enough for a diesel so could have fuel system issues.
Not cheap!

With the 200 series fazed out can only see these types of vehicles rising in value in the coming years.

Maybe but in the longer term I don't think so, at least not in the UK given the current anti diesel/petrol engine campaign with some legislation already being passed and more in the pipeline. I have a gut feeling that old LC's and vehicles like them are going to be worth bugger all 'cos they'll either be legislated off the road or made that expensive to run that no one will want them. JMO

Maybe but in the longer term I don't think so, at least not in the UK given the current anti diesel/petrol engine campaign with some legislation already being passed and more in the pipeline. I have a gut feeling that old LC's and vehicles like them are going to be worth bugger all 'cos they'll either be legislated off the road or made that expensive to run that no one will want them. JMO

By that time it’s all gonna be electric anyway Towpack.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That is my worry TP. I'm wondering where in the world will be unaffected by this nonsense. I might like to move there!

Maybe I could talk Lynn into a move to Romania…? :think: I was thinking Ecuador or somewhere with its own oil supply. I suppose there's always make your own but if it becomes illegal…aaaargh!!

I like that clive.

Admittedly it could go either way, but imo
The massses will eventually turn to electric or whatever, and that will do, boxes will be ticked, targets met, fat men in suits earningway to much money will pat each other on the back.. us, classic car owners, military vehicle enthusiasts, farmers etc will just carry on doing what they do.

The 4x4 was originally developed to serve a working purpose. I think that role still exists, be it mining, recovery,rescue, humanitarian, carrying a anti aircraft gun etc.

as dervis has said i think they could well go up in value. Whatever your views on them landrover dont make a proper 4x4 anymore, nor in my opinion does any other company, ok, the hilux but the middle of no where road side fix to limp back home is getting harder and harder..

This is a chance to get the best car ever, in mint condition it looks like.
For this price, included import to norway, and pref LHD, I would take it right away.
It's a 2004, so all issues with earlier years is already sorted.. Keep it off salted roads, and you have a car for 30 years more.

Electric isn't the way forward, not in it's current form. Some predictions say all lithium sources will be exhausted in as little as 35 years. Also, electric isn't viable for big trucks so they will still require diesel so diesel will be around for a long time yet.
Of course, manufacturers have a vested interest in supporting a vehicle design that has a built in obsolescence of 10-12 years, as electric vehicles do

Electric cars should have external speakers that go ‘brrum brrum” or something so you can hear them coming. I nearly got flattened by some green person reversing off his drive. Long live petrol and the V8 :character-oldtimer:

Electric cars should have external speakers that go ‘brrum brrum” or something so you can hear them coming. I nearly got flattened by some green person reversing off his drive. Long live petrol and the V8 :character-oldtimer:
I've had exactly the same thing with a Prius and totally agree with you.

A Lexus V10 has a pretty good sound too. :)

Last edited:
I read somewhere online that Ireland sells its waste oil (vegetable etc) to Germany who make bio-diesel and sell it in German forecourts.

At the moment it seems money is still king but soon it will be the only liquid still available and usable

Oh and nice landcuiser, not that far from me.

Back