Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bloody cars

Well what a week! My little team have put some hard work in, we've smashed target and got a lot through the workshop. Management have been very impressed with what we've achieved with only a few people. I've spent a lot of time in the workshop hands on which hasn't gone un noticed.

Also I've got a set of keys etc for the building/alarm systems!! There's only 4 people with that responsibility.
Everyone so far is getting along between departments and that's how the general manager wants it to be.

Well a little update on things, I'm knackered lol. Had a tech let us down last minute and not comimg, I've been in the workshop a fair bit to get through stuff, means I've had chance to get to know the lads and see how they work so not all bad.
No pics at the moment as that'd involve having time!
Done all sorts to various cars, fitted reverse cameras and sensors etc too. Even had the soldering iron back out, bmw frowned upon it when retrofitting electrical items. Have office stuff I have to do daily too etc but that's the boring bits lol.

In good news the seats got sorted on the car, could still slightly see a shadow where they were repaired but it didn't get picked up on during inspection :dance: the wheels had been re furbished, the rear bumper got repaired. I got a bill though for a scratch on the bonnet £12.54 :icon-biggrin: I can live with that.

The 320d has just done 640 miles to a tank too so nice and cheap to run.

Nice to hear you are busy and getting your hands dirty Gary, none of this management and ivory towers for you.

Last edited:
The lads know i'm not gonna just sit in the office and bark orders, i turn up in a shirt and tie and go home in a shirt and tie, often end up changed into t shirt and work trousers and get through some work. its nice not having hassle of all the warranty protocols i had to deal with.

Reactions: Pat
I just can't get away from them, they're following me....

20170303_134757.jpg

Had a 3 series and a 5 series on the go today, one a retail job and one sales.

Have 2 more lads starting in a couple of weeks too.
Still knackered lol

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not had much of interest going on, training, training and a bit more training, had a couple of quality issues that I've had to pull people up on, everyone has been flat out and mistakes happen.

Certain jobs i sort so don't have to be rushed, yesterday was a little merc to retrofit parking sensors front and rear, we use universal kits with black sensors, now the car is red and wouldn't look right so painted the sensors, had to modify the bumper carriers and drill the bumpers too, the customer was happy with the results....

20170310_080420.jpg

20170310_080436.jpg

20170310_080449.jpg

The only bit I didn't like was the visible wire to the display, to fully hide it would need a hole in the dash as it's where they wanted it, didn't want a hole/cut in the dash though.

Had a delivery too, all uniforms are provided just have to order.

I've got 2 different uniforms, black combat type trousers and black polo t shirts for when I'm in the workshop, management know I'm just as happy in there as my office so allowed me to have 2 different ones.

With the ties I have to wear the t shirt is a nice change lol

20170307_195757.jpg

Well I guess a little update is due... no pics unfortunately and nothing greatly exciting.

Now 3 months in and things are going great, my team work very well together and I can rely on them to get stuff done, I still have to drop into the workshop now and again for some jobs, have a 5 series booked in this week for me to sort out. We've had a few hiccups along the way as expected.
The hours have been long with quite a few late finishes and weekends.

We've just extended the car park for a 70 bay staff car park, I now have my very own parking space!! The amusing thing is I walk to work lol. At least if need to take one of the motors to work I've got a space at the front.

As a department we're hitting our targets and making money which is good. The techs know they can ask me for help, sales and upper management know they can rely on us to get the job done right.

I'm still in regular contact with the lads at bmw, they've lost some other techs and the 'replacements' haven't been upto standard apparently (one left after a few weeks).
The last big job i did which had On going electrical issues has been fine (I had an email from the customer who went in to thank me but I'd left) On more then 1 occasion I've been offered my job back with a very tempting package, tbh I nearly accepted it!!

I've had e mails and phone calls from some of the training staff at bmw and the area technical managers, they were all shocked to hear I'd left.

Like I said nothing exciting but a little update on things.

Well still not much of interest, had a few jobs I've needed to sort out, electrical faults etc so don't always stay in a shirt and tie. Btw the egr valve on an evoque is a pita to replace! Next one is getting delegated.

Today made me chuckle so seemed worthy of a pic, we have a bodyshop onsite with 3 lads, 1 does wheels all day and runs the lathe for polished wheels. The other 2 are basically just painters so no panel beating.

We sold a car which is to be used as a taxi, well his magnetic sign wouldn't stick on one side, turns out the door was full of filler! Not an issue we apologised and ordered a new door.

The funny thing.... bodyshop painted the door then said they don't know how to replace a door :lol::lol:
Turns out there's only myself that's ever changed panels on a car!

New one ready to swap over

20170614_120159.jpg

20170614_130640.jpg

I've got a bmw in tomorrow with an air con pipe which I'll sort out, not a nice one to replace and the lads have got plenty to be on with already.

Well I guess can revive this a little bit...

Been back with BMW since September now and been rather busy. Had issues to sort and back to the swing of it.

Lost a load of pics etc when my phone died so got a few recent job pics.

Had a little trim rattle to sort out, dash out job to fix it
20171101_115228.jpg

Had a running issue that was badly coked up caused by some poor repairs
20171207_151124.jpg

20171207_150920.jpg

So out with the walnut blaster to clean the ports
20171208_085857.jpg

I love this tool does such a great job
20171208_091414.jpg

20171208_152204.jpg

Little upholstery job on a M performance seat, new leather cover. Not a straightforward seat to deal with
20171201_103745.jpg

20171201_100259.jpg

Bought myself to a new bit of storage too
20171123_141030.jpg

Opens up so gives a nice work area for taking stuff apart, £200 so not expensive at all. Drawers already full and the top opening has a load of stuff in too. Going to make a board to fit in the gap when open so have a mobile bench

20171123_170501.jpg

Done various other things but don't have loads of pics and a couple of jobs I couldn't discuss even if I wanted to :eusa-shhh::icon-wink:

Back