Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blown dash lights - help!

TALAMAN

Country Flag
cyprus
Whilst re-wiring the boy racer turbo boost gauge the previous owner has jammed in the clock aperture on my '95, I dropped a wire and it shorted out. I know, shoulda disconnected battery - my bad.

Anyway, it blew a fuse under the bonnet. Replaced fuse so radio all works as do lights etc. However, I have no instrument illumination when the lights are on and the illumination for the ac panel does not work either. I have tested (twice) every fuse inside by drivers knee and under the bonnet so I am baffled - anyone have any ideas please?

Hazards work OK, indicators work OK - doors open indicator light and all the normal warning lights with the ign first on (glow plug etc) are working OK. I am no electrician - OBVIOUSLY! So any pointers will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Thought I had better close this thread down. 31 views and no one has any ideas? Well, that is probably because you are all cleverer than me!

Yes I am serious! I had another poke around today and eventually noticed that the connector to the rheostat that dims the dash lights was not fully located :angry-banghead::angry-banghead:

There's a switch/dial on the dash under the steering wheel for altering the brightness of dash lights did you look at that ?

Back