Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bonnet bug deflectors.. yes or no

Lexie

Country Flag
great_britain
Whats your opinions.

Screenshot_20171016-231712.png

Undecided tbh. Id rather not have one, but that first 3"-4" of the bonnet does get a lot of stone chips. Not too bothered about the bugs..

Bugs can be washed off but as you say stone chips are a pain, rather keen on it tbh

I have rust on the leading edge of my bonnet and it's quite noticeable, was thinking of fitting one if these to hide it.

Out of choice I'd always have one, pref gen Toyo. They look better colour coded IMO.

I have rust on the leading edge of my bonnet and it's quite noticeable, was thinking of fitting one if these to hide it.

I have two prominent areas of rust on the leading edge Richard and quite like the deflector but think money is better spent on repair/replacing it as always it will only get worse...;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What are these made from, is it perspex or some kind of fabric?

It also appears to be held on with drilled holes in the bonnet and attachment studs of some sort.

I'm always wary of drilling holes, they can be the cause of rust in themselves, as it's not always easy to seal them well, long-term.

I do like the idea though.

Personally, I like them - but I don't buy the bug and stone chip arguments:)

I got mine because I thought it looked cool. Unfortunately, some of the fittings sheered off almost immediately leaving it flapping hysterically like a near-death fly against my bonnet on a motorway run. By the time I pulled over to take it off it had made a hole in the paint... grrrr. Serves me right for being a tart.

Last edited:

It also appears to be held on with drilled holes in the bonnet and attachment studs of some sort.

I'm always wary of drilling holes, they can be the cause of rust in themselves, as it's not always easy to seal them well, long-term.

Perspex and fixed underneath the bonnet no drilling required.

Personally, I like them - but I don't buy the bug and stone chip arguments:)

I got mine because I thought it looked cool. Unfortunately, some of the fittings sheered off almost immediately leaving it flapping hysterically like a near-death fly against my bonnet on a motorway run. By the time I pulled over to take it off it had maid a hole in the paint... grrrr. Serves me right for being a tart.

Thats the exact reason am buying it now, hopefully in the new year she will be getting paint so nows the time to test these things

Mine's folded perspex and the bottom half sits under the bonnet. It screws into pre-existing holes in the underside lip of the bonnet, and there are braces to add rigidity. Those are what gave out in my case - but anyone with a workshop could easily fettle something better!

was looking for something else on eBay and saw the protector in another add, thought it was cheap so i brought it, I was more thinking of stone chips to leading edge of bonnet rather than the bugs.
landcruiser washed out cruising 003.jpg

For looks alone they look well imo and help with an odd stone chip

Back