Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bowie on Beeb last night. (Glastonbury 2000).

Agreed Frank. I watched in anticipation over the weekend. 50 years of Glasto to cram the best into 3 nights. Well I thought, this will be good. What a pile of utter crap they served up. They must have thrown out the wrong pile of clips, surely.

Then ........

Bowie. That's how you do it Sir. Others take note.

I worked at Glastonbury until the late 90s and being as it was a busmans holiday i didnt get to see a lot of the marque acts.The best performances IMO were acts you've never heard of ,on small stages & venues that don't appear on TV. In those days the Jazz stage had what was probably the best P.A. in Europe - if you can imagine a really expensive stereo on steroids - & that's where i went when i had a moment.Having said that Page & Plant in 95 were worth the early morning rise.

I bet they were. Man sounds like a great gig. Although I guess it depends. Emptying the sh***er can't have been much fun. All that tofu and mung beans mixed with cheap cider and vomit. Ha ha

Fortunately I wasn't involved in any toilet emptying , slurry tankers , know on site as suck waggons driven by local farmers took care of that.As for tofu & mung beans eating that meant actually far fewer visits to the long drops than if you were brave/drunk enough to chance a burger from the main drag.

Best live recording for me is "Janis" i.e. Janis Joplin. I think with todays media the big star thing is gone, either that or no big stars have been born recently.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
P.S. I want that coat Bowie wore, you know the one he came on with. Made him look like a golden God. Confirmation really. Magine going to the pub in that, or B+Q.

P.S. 2. Even going to the toilet block for a smell would make you high a dance like crazy, music or not.

Twas much better when it was the Pilton Pop Festival not the corporate crap that is served up now as I grew up three miles from it you did not have the great unwashed locusts that descend on the area now and as for next year going im going for a bugger off just to get away from it

Back