Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Box section sills

Rob-o

Just thought I'd show how my rusty sills have been repaired, 50x100mm box and some sliders to stand on when sorting out the roof tent. Also sorted all the rust in the rear arches and boot corners, it's much quieter to drive now!
IMG_20200925_115641.jpg

That's exactly what I'm planning with mine. There battered to f***. Any more pics of underneath. Was the B pillar aquard to cut and weld around. Cheers Rob

Rob, did you do the work yourself or have it done? It is something I would like doing.

Saw you out and about on your home turf around Bennet Road last week Lorin.

That's exactly what I'm planning with mine. There battered to f***. Any more pics of underneath. Was the B pillar aquard to cut and weld around. Cheers Rob
The box is notched around it, I'm not sure I've got a picture of that but it wasn't technical, just fiddly. I'll try and post some more pictures. And I'll take some from underneath tomorrow.
received_1125679557834030.jpeg
received_376532106689491.jpeg

Rob, did you do the work yourself or have it done? It is something I would like doing.
I had it done. I've done the finishing touches though. If it were just the sills I might have tried but the amount of rot around the rear arches was beyond my skill level!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry for the delay, haven't go the best pictures but they might show what's going on, basically the sill is cut off above the bottom crease, folded to 90 degrees then the box section is sat on to and welded. Then drain holes drilled through that folded section of inner sill.
IMG_20200929_165406.jpg
IMG_20200927_152628.jpg

Back