Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

brake flexi pipe info

roy

Country Flag
scotland
hi there,
i am looking for the size and type of fittings on the front and rear brake flexi pipes ?

also what lengths the standard pipes are ?

are the pipe fittings on caliper ends the same for a 90 and a 120 ?

i do not have access to my car for a few weeks and i am looking to get some new longer pipes made up will i am away.

can anyboady help

cheers roy

If you're wanting 'chapter & verse' on thread sizes I'll have to get back to you.

I have a new rear caliper in bits and may have a flexi-hose, I'll need to go and check the threads & length. I'll have to measure the length of the front flexi off the car though.

I'll try and get back this evening. In the meantime if anyone had the info - just shout :thumbup:

Bob.

Right, I have some info . .

The Front Flexi Hose is 25.5cm in length (a rather rough measurement) and the ends are the same:

DSCN6032.jpg

The flare nuts are 10mm dia x 1mm pitch, both ends have female threads plus slots for spring clips.

The rear flexi hoses are located thus:

DSCN5583.jpg

They are 28cm overall length, have an angled Banjo Union on one end and a female thread at the other.

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0026.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

Again the threads are 10mm x 1mm.

The Banjo's threaded end is 2cm long:

DSCN0029.jpg

For a suspension lift you will need a longer top flexi hose (axle to chassis), unfortunately I forgot about it when I was under the car. However here is a pic of mine when I fitted it. It has one female end and one male end and I would guess its 10mm x 1mm threads (but I don't have a spare to check).

DSCN5582-1.jpg

I'll measure it when I am next under the car :roll:

Hope this helps.

Bob.

I forgot to say . . .

Remember that the rear flexi hoses are 'handed' - don't go ordering two the same ;) .

Bob.

THANKS Bob,
that is really helpful info ,

thanks for taking the time.

cheers roy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back