Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake lights - god help me !

Shayne

Guru
The brake light switch under the pedal seems the most likely cause but because the tow socket fell to bits when i took it off for a look inside i thought right i will replace that and get rid of the reverse alarm and because I still have working upper taillights in the shed I will fit them as well .

I'm wishing now i had I had took it to a garage and said fix it :| :wtf: Is this ?

8242B4BF-87B8-44E5-A10B-6EA631FCAD8C.jpeg
228B4D5E-D3E0-493B-BD72-9FFD64B8EEBE.jpeg
D488A47E-9ADC-4C52-9127-226FEC2D3475.jpeg

Should note this is the KDJ90 by the way and when i bought it aftermarket reverse sensors were fitted along with a 1960's looking 6" tv (reverse camera screen) on the dash which didn't work .

And theres another one going on a sorn for several years .

Right... Got some experience here dude. What do you need to do? Get brake lights working? First start with stripping out the tow bar wiring if I were you.. All back to stock. I've seen some horrendous tow bar installs but yours looks awful! You'll prob find the joints are all corroded and that's where the problem is. Also check state of the bumper light units as they corrode and eat the wires for a past time. We can fix this dude! Shame you can't get truck here I'd do it for you!

New bumper lights a few month ago , a new alternator a few weeks ago . I suppose i should start at the front removing every wire that is very obviously added because its at least 6ft too long . I will work it out i just need to approach it in the right mood i hate car electrics so my urge to tear it all out must be denied .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
New bumper lights a few month ago , a new alternator a few weeks ago . I suppose i should start at the front removing every wire that is very obviously added because its at least 6ft too long . I will work it out i just need to approach it in the right mood i hate car electrics so my urge to tear it all out must be denied .
Exactly mate... Slowly and methodically. If you put extra wiring in always solder and shrink wrap... Sad but true ;)

In all seriousness if you can get it over my way more than happy to help.

Be good to hook up sometime anyway , i been 18 years in Wales and i don't know a single person local who owns a 4x4 .

Be good to hook up sometime anyway , i been 18 years in Wales and i don't know a single person local who owns a 4x4 .
Wow that's mad... Thought everyone in Wales drove a 4x4!

No i joined the local 4x4 response team once but i soon got bored of driving to Cardiff at 9pm to sit drinking coffee and chat about i don't know what , so that was that . Once i've been off road in Wales a pay and play site i found on the internet , i was the only person there .

No i joined the local 4x4 response team once but i soon got bored of driving to Cardiff at 9pm to sit drinking coffee and chat about i don't know what , so that was that . Once i've been off road in Wales a pay and play site i found on the internet , i was the only person there .
Blooming heck! I think we should move to Australia!

Well the mobile auto electrician to one look and recommended a garage , 4 days later they still can't tell me when i might get the truck back .

Dude seriously bring it to me! Alternately how about I come and have a look?

Appreciate the offer but the 80 needs work for mot and that date is approaching fast and having told them that today i'm hoping they get it sorted quick

Home and fixed but balls to fitting working upper lights in this weather .

I've done it twice already , twin reverse lights make a huge difference .

I've done it twice already , twin reverse lights make a huge difference .

Shayne,

Hope you can advise - do you have a diagram / link to specific lighting/housing requirements to install second reversing light?

Thanks.

Hi Euan

I fitted aftermarket upper lights that came with bulb holders and loom , tapped into the Toyota loom running to bumpers lights behind the left hand side rear paneling (opposite side to the jack store) and to have two reverse lights i simply ran a wire from the one upper working one under the carpet and up to the other light .

Back