Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake upgrade soon.

Lexie

Country Flag
great_britain
Going to upgrade discs and pads soon on the 80 was looking at mtec stuff anybody any experiance with them?

Pref groved discs.

All advice welcome

Thanks

If you off road do not get cross drilled discs, dimpled and/or slotted are fine though. I purchased MTEC awhile back, so decided to check the 'service record' on my long running thread on 'MUD', it turns out I fitted them in December 2015, I cannot believe it is over three and a half years, anyway no issues, so I am a thumbs up for MTEC kit.

regards

Dave

I've been using Mtec for 10+ years on various cars, fantastic discs for the money. Been running cross drilled and grooved on the truck for 2 years mostly off road. Work very well with Mintex pads I find

I used to use the cross drilled on my comp Discovery, the problem is the cross drilling fills the holes with mud and small stones, when the mud dries out the stones slowly break up causing squealing noises as they get dragged around the disc.

I agree the discs are great, and IIRC the pads are Mintex as well, I did all four wheels with the same spec.

Either way, the kit is good.

regards

Dave

I only ended up with drilled as I needed them before a trip and that’s all they had in stock that could get to me in time.

Not had any issues with them in dust and rocks yet

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I only ended up with drilled as I needed them before a trip and that’s all they had in stock that could get to me in time.

Not had any issues with them in dust and rocks yet

I think you need to add some mud in the mix, or at least try the metre deep water plunge? :think: :icon-biggrin:

regards

Dave

There’s been a bit of mud winter 2017 and 2018 and several deep water crossings but mostly dust sand and rocks.

I got a stone stuck inside the disc edge once but so far nothing in the drilled holes

Back