Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brakes: Disks and Pads

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
So I think it's time to look at changing mine all round, looking at my records does not seem like I have changed the disks since new, so roughly 110000 km's on the clock (is this possible as it seems a bit high...)

Standard vehicle used as a daily driver so not heavily loaded for over-landing or a anything like that.

I see from other threads folk have gone for sets from Roughtracks, but I also notice @Chris and others recommend DBA (albeit on the 80's). Roughtracks do not seem to do these anymore, but I have found a UK company that offer these, however there are three choices ranging from £70 to £300 for just the disks:
http://clarkmotorsport.co.uk/websit...eries)+09/02-09&searchMake=Toyota+Landcruiser

So why go for the £300 set?

Just want these for the fronts, with standard Toyota offerings for the rears.

I will get a quote from Simon for a set from Toyota as a comparison.

Thanks

Simon had a special on disc and pad sets for the 90's - 100 quid a set front or rear....which reminds me I better get my rear set ordered!

So I think it's time to look at changing mine all round, looking at my records does not seem like I have changed the disks since new, so roughly 110000 km's on the clock (is this possible as it seems a bit high...)

Standard vehicle used as a daily driver so not heavily loaded for over-landing or a anything like that.

I see from other threads folk have gone for sets from Roughtracks, but I also notice @Chris and others recommend DBA (albeit on the 80's). Roughtracks do not seem to do these anymore, but I have found a UK company that offer these, however there are three choices ranging from £70 to £300 for just the disks:
http://clarkmotorsport.co.uk/website/webshop/productsSearch.asp?searchModel=All+models+(120+series)+09/02-09&searchMake=Toyota+Landcruiser

So why go for the £300 set?

Just want these for the fronts, with standard Toyota offerings for the rears.

I will get a quote from Simon for a set from Toyota as a comparison. Thanks

I wouldn't have thought 110k km was particularly high Tony, I replaced my front discs at 360k km and they had just reached the min recommended thickness. I'm sure the old ones were the originals.

I went with standard Mr T and I'm quite satisfied with the braking. No reason not to try something different though.

Good luck with what you choose :thumbup:

Have a look at Mtec Brakes, exceptionally good value for money and very good products

Thanks for the feedback, yes I did find the Mtec ones doing a search, not too sure what the C-Hook design ones are, but let's see what Mr T comes back with.

Sadly the car also needs new disks and pads all round, so going to be an expensive month :disrelieved:

Thanks for the feedback, yes I did find the Mtec ones doing a search, not too sure what the C-Hook design ones are, but let's see what Mr T comes back with.

Sadly the car also needs new disks and pads all round, so going to be an expensive month :disrelieved:
Milner has front and rear disk and pad kits for about £120 all in.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Milner has front and rear disk and pad kits for about £120 all in.

Not sure about Milner, want to be sure I am getting good quality. Simon still doing the offer so can get a set with pads for £99 + Vat, so £240 all in for both axles.

Pagid discs and pads are available from Euro car parts for a very reasonable price. I've used them on an 80 series and many other vehicles, never had any problems, always found them to be very good. They also do Brembo, slightly dearer but also very good quality.

I'd be wary of Milner, they sell a lot of cheap crap. My dad bought some for an 80 once and the brakes were dreadful. They ended up in the bin.

In the end I went with the Toyota ones as Simon was still doing his offer. To be honest I probably did not need to change the disks, but pads were certainly worn out.... Almost metal on metal, got about 20miles/2 years out of the last set, not that good I would have thought.

Back