Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brakes WTF! help please .

Shayne you've been amazingly unlucky to have suffered this. Discs came out in 50's and I've worked on them since then and have never seen nor heard of this. I just drive off after making sure the brakes work and then get a feel of how they perform and drive accordingly. They can fade easily though especially if you put new pads on a rutted disc.

I guess the new pad may stick to the disc more easily than when a glaze has formed on it after some use. Air in the system would be irrelevant. There is no pressure in the system with your foot off the brake pedal as the system is vented through the master cylinder to atmospheric pressure.

Did you check that the wheels span freely after fitting?

I'm with Frank on the bad luck factor of this event, I've never come across this happening in all the years I've been fitting new discs and pads to cars.

A true victim of circumstance IMO. But it does remind us all that new pads do need to be run - or bedded in, as do tyres and clutches.

Hope all is well when the truck returns Shayne, don't want you having any excuses not to turn up next month :lol:

I thought my brakes were rubbish compared to Helen's but having drove mine home then shifted Helen's truck her brakes are rubbish :dance:

Yeah just bad luck is all and no harm done .

I actually chose these discs over others because they recommend genuine mrT pads which was the clincher after i became skeptical about future availability of Brembo pads which would have been my first choice of disc .

Very strange Shayne i'm happy you didn't burden to much in the end. Agreeing with others here being bad luck & not bedding in accordingly.

When I rebuilt mine I noticed their weren't too great at first but gradually driving there getting better feel overtime.

Ah you see now- that's what happens when you use genuine parts- the job has to be done twice...learnt that myself a while ago

Never !!!! clean the break paths with brake cleaner. (if you use something to clean them, use sandpaper) You installed new disc's ? the new ones come in black coating ..... nice .... but coating doesn't brake, but get in your brake path !!
In the instruction the say you can put them on just like this ! (wrong instruction !!!)
I had the same discs delivered with the same problem, and sanded of the disc, cleaned them with brake cleaner, and sanded brake pads.
Now it brakes like a parachute !!
IMG_1434.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is old news , i just made the mistake of going out for a run to bed them in without realizing it was 5pm when everyone finishes work and the roads full , it was all stopping and starting with no speed to cool things down in between .
My disks look like yours now Jack , the paint just wore off , and with the gen Toyota pads i'm skeptical at any suggestion they could be better .

I will buy them again .

Back