Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brights not working

Steveindar

Country Flag
tanzania
Hi All,
I've checked that the main relay under the bonnet works and all lights are on a dimmed. When moving stalk to bright, dims die and brights don't come on. I've tried flicking the stalk multiple times and sometimes the brights activate.
Question, stalk or another well hidden relay issue? Where is that relay?
Also where is the key in ignition buzzer? I really need to cut its throat!

I had that on mine. Was in fact one of the relays under the bonnet/fuse box. It's possible to flip their lids off and clean the contacts. Mine had also overheated and melted down into the fuse board due to dirty board connectors. Best to pull out the relays and clean contacts and connectors I would think.

This thread might help.

I
Headlight Circuit.JPG

So where does this Dimmer Relay hide, not in the fuse box under the bonnet?

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_152451_7.jpg
    IMG_20210509_152451_7.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210509_152505_2.jpg
    IMG_20210509_152505_2.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 26
Different to mine which has dimmer relay under there as well. I would pull the pink box and check it's connection terminals to the board and then ping the lid off to have a look inside. Don't know if you have a dimmer relay or not. Sorry.

So where does this Dimmer Relay hide, not in the fuse box under the bonnet?
Headlight Circuit Non Europe.JPG

I guess it must be an import. They don't have the dimmer relay. As a result I'd say it was the switch particularly as you can get it to work by flicking it every now and again.

I've worked out you are from Tanzania so the lack of dimmer relay may be standard there. To my keep it simple approach, the lack of a dimmer relay seems to be a better way.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Most of our vehicles are Jap import 2nd-hand. Both my 80's are actually 81's. I'll keep swopping parts with mamas car till I find the problem.

Second question was where is the "key-in-ignition" buzzer? I really need to strangle that bastard!

Back