Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

British army launch investigation

Are you referring to Witness X who claimed to have fired during the events on Bloody Sunday as an IRA member ? He later retracted his statement.
Wonder why that could have been :think:

You could equally ask why he made it in the first place. All sides in that conflict had blood on their hands.

You could equally ask why he made it in the first place. All sides in that conflict had blood on their hands.
And the IRA have considerable form on witness intimidation.
As you suggest, it was a dirty bloody war for both sides.
I was having this conversation with my co driver yesterday as it happens, a more perfect example of a snowflake millennial you couldn’t meet!!
What I said to him was I have no problem with people being held accountable for their actions. What I have a really big problem with on this and similar matters is that IRA terrorists, murderers and thugs were given amnesty, whilst soldiers are pusrsued, harassed and prosecuted for the actions they took. Actions not calculated and premeditated (as murder is) like planting a bomb for children to be blown up, but actions taken by very young soldiers in an extremely violent and frightening situation on the spur of the moment when they thought their lives were in danger (which at most is manslaughter).
If you’re giving amnesty to one group then you need to give amnesty to the other.

My Brother in law was posted to NI Amidst the troubles and both sides knew Bloody Sunday was brewing... They even gave warning that they were going to send in 1 Para... And when you send 1 Para into the IRAs back yard... In other words, Bogside, WTF did anyone think was going to Happen... Again both sides Knew, It should never have happened.. Those at the Top of the Tree on both sides should be accountable.. Not 1 Para or the Innocent bystanders...... Just saying like..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back