Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Broken my 80 AGAIN

Let's hope so Rob. Bit of a pain, but they don't come with ABS rings. I have taken one from a spare CV and it will press on (heated in the oven first). I need to ruin another old spare CV for the other side. They come ready greased.

Chris

My 80 is no longer broken. Yay!!

Picked up a new JW front diff this morning, rushed home - tipping it down. Lovely. Perfect car mending weather. My mate came round to help passing the spanner and by tea time, we were done. The BAS rings sweated onto the Longfields just fine. New CVs went onto the old shaft no problem, but the outer flanges gave a few problems. They were tight onto the stubs. Something to do with alignment as on the bench they were easy peasy.

So all set for some off road action in the morning.

As always an intergalactic thanks to JW Diff Services for a most sterling effort above and beyond. Hopefully that's me invincible now.

Oh don't, please.

Chris

Oh you think, huh?

C

Did you get the longfield shafts as well?

Oddly Rob, with the CVs being over £500, I decided against buying the shafts too. If there has to be a weak point, I'd rather it was those. Never seen an 80 break a shaft, so I presume they're man enough without being cryo treated. I could take a set of std shafts and perhaps have them done here.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, well I think you have answered your own question there Rob. I meant, no one normal has broken a shaft. Ian managed to break a Longfield. Don't think that's going to happen driving to Tesco.

Depends if there was a pay and play site along the way.

Well I made it out alive and intact but only because I didn't try anything daft. It was like Narnia up there with snow drifting
My rope actually froze and there icicles hanging off the roof rack

Attrition was high with stricken vehicles all over the place. Cruiser was imperious as always. Although nearly tipped it once

New Lodar remotes were faultless

Although back on the 37's progress was hard.

Oops forgot to call in at Tesco

Chris

Back