Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brolly dollies

joinerman

Garage
No more brolly dollies in F1 this year
No more eye candy,
Suppose Moto gp & superbike will follow suit

Another thing that annoyed me today. Crazy. All those girls out of jobs. I'm pretty sure that won't happen at Goodwood. Must get some tickets and treat myself this year!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There's a possibility Em might see things differently.
I won't ask what they could help her with! :shock:

absolutely crazy. Who is it insulting to have some cracking bird holding a brolly? Perhaps the same bints who dont want doors held open for them anymore.... I blame Brexit

Wouldn't the right way to do this is to make it 50/50% split between male and female models....that would be the PC thing to do.... Or am I missing something???

As I see it the problem here is the 'trial by media' issue where companies and organisations are so scared of being flamed on social media for not being PC that it's just easier to to go along with the anti's. I just feel so sorry for the girls who will have lost a good part of their income in many cases. What's next, an attack on the whole multi million £ glamour industry?

Indeed. As ever the very vocal minority force there opinion down the throats of the vast majority who are not offended nor care about such things.

Has there been much media pressure? I don't follow F1 but I watch a lot of cycling where a kiss from a pretty lady is still part of the winner's package. There's a bit of tutting about it, and it's a sport with a growing profile for women's racing too which I think makes it look more of an archaic practice. I don't see much of an outcry about it, more a resignation that it looks a bit old-fashioned.

Indeed. As ever the very vocal minority force there opinion down the throats of the vast majority who are not offended nor care about such things.
That is exactly it, all it takes these days is one offended fucking snowflake and everyone else has to jump into line. There was a big to do recently on a pickup forum I'm on because one of the female members complained the forum had a sexist slant. This is a forum that, by it's subject matter, most people would work out might have a slightly masculine slant to it, but no, one fuckwit has a wibble and everyone else is expected to jump to attention and change their behaviour. Interestingly a number of other female members said they had no issues with the way the forum was run or the posts, it was just some snowflake whining and it had a negative effect on everyone else.

To save us all from withdrawal symptoms I've saved a few pics for us.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

years ago whilst living and working in London my mate who I also worked with was dating a glamour model, she was from up this way but also working down London. she got us VIP tickets whilst her and her mate were working at brands hatch at a superbikes race. was a good day out. we all went for something to eat that evening, iirc she was "dating" one of the riders who had a funny eye...
not really my bag, she had no interest whatsoever in tractors or a good brew..

Back