Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bucket seats for a HZJ75

craigneryn

Country Flag
australia
I am thinking about changing my HZJ75 seats to two single buckets and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to the best ones to use that need the minimum mods to fit them... I have heard that it is possible to use Subaru Liberty or even Mazda buckets... Has anyone else heard or done this???

Thanks

I bought cheap reclining bucket seats for my 90 but haven't fitted them yet . They came with "a universal bracket" which is no good at all unless you have a flat floor so my plan is to slide my factory seats off the runners (if i can work out how) which should leave me the original feet and bottom runner ready to bolt back in . The new top runner from the universal bracket should i hope slot back in to the old runner and they are designed to have a flat plate bolted to them so fit the plate and bolt my seat to that .

Sounds easy in theory :pray:

Hi craigneryn,
my 75 has 2 seats from a ford mondeo st220.
Adapters are 2 flat steel bars. Very simple.
I can take pictures tomorrow if you like.
seats are like the ones in the photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 1,635
If you want ones with minimal mods to fit Recaro do really nice seats and sell the proper adapters/bases so they will bolt straight in! Very comfortable seats too but not cheap! :icon-biggrin:

Thanks Guys,
The Minister and I are planning a long trip and I am fairly certain the standard seats wont cut the mustard... she doesn't make a very good co-pilot when she isn't comfortable...

Hi craigneryn,
my 75 has 2 seats from a ford mondeo st220.
Adapters are 2 flat steel bars. Very simple.
I can take pictures tomorrow if you like.
seats are like the ones in the photo.

Any chance you can send some picks of the mounts?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi gorbstroopy,
I sold the cruiser 2 weeks ago.
It's simple : original sliders from the land cruiser and two lengths of flat bar to serve as an adapter in between seat and sliders.

Back