Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Budget Home Made Rear Draw System

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Guys with my previous enquiry post below enquiring about draw and fridge setup information, this post is to share the build process and setup.

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/rear-draws-build-and-setup.149574/

Today Carpeted most of the draws and just the finishing touches left along with electrical work and handles that I'm awaiting parts for.

Decided to keep the fridge low and have a single large draw in the end that I'm gonna divide later on accordingly. both sides have pull up flip panels and the rears are fixed to accommodate larger items I wanna lay down on. .

More pictures to follow

IMG_6430.JPG IMG_6431.JPG IMG_6432.JPG

Last edited:
Dervis, that looks the Mutt's. Well done.

Guys with my previous enquiry post below enquiring about draw and fridge setup information, this post is to share the build process and setup.

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/rear-draws-build-and-setup.149574/

Today Carpeted most of the draws and just the finishing touches left along with electrical work and handles that I'm awaiting parts for.

Decided to keep the fridge low and have a single large draw in the end that I'm gonna divide later on accordingly. both sides have pull up flip panels and the rears are fixed to accommodate larger items I wanna lay down on. .

More pictures to follow

View attachment 141518 View attachment 141519 View attachment 141520
Great job there Dervis, that is exactly what I've got in mind to do to the rear of my 80, do you have the fridge on a slide out or is it low enough to get at the cold beers?

Great job there Dervis, that is exactly what I've got in mind to do to the rear of my 80, do you have the fridge on a slide out or is it low enough to get at the cold beers?

There’s a pull out large draw and a fridge slide there Chas. Both pull out to almost the end of the tailgate which is perfect for my needs. The storage draw I’ve also made a front top opening lid for easy access.

I’ve still got a bit to do and will take better pictures close up and show the setup and functionabity soon.

Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for you comments guys I kinda learning as I go along but having seen and researched from others here thankfully made it easier. :thumbup:

Nice job!!

What do you use the two bars in the middle of the windows??

Nice job!!

What do you use the two bars in the middle of the windows??

That’s the JDM spec Van model series as standard. Their one piece windows and not the slide models as there’s no seats as stock.

Not sure what their for TBH but their factory.

I always thought they were there to prevent stuff falling against the glass.

I did Dervis, Post gullwings they are hanging up in the garage. :)

There’s a pull out large draw and a fridge slide there Chas. Both pull out to almost the end of the tailgate which is perfect for my needs. The storage draw I’ve also made a front top opening lid for easy access.

I’ve still got a bit to do and will take better pictures close up and show the setup and functionabity soon.

Thanks
I was having a measure up this afternoon and I'm sure I won't have to sacrifice one of my drawers, the fridge will sit comfortably inside the drawer, I will of course have to cut away the top that the drawer slides under.
The cage I made to go behind the gullwing on the drivers side will need modifying though to allow the fridge to fit.
Originally I was thinking of removing one drawer completely and putting the fridge on the floor but putting it in the drawer means I don't have to buy a fridge slide, and they ain't cheap. :dance:

Looks good, and think I may go down this route, with a permanent floor drawers and then a removable upper section to add more storage and to cover the fridge. Do you have any plans to cover the fridge so you can store stuff in the space above it???

Looks good, and think I may go down this route, with a permanent floor drawers and then a removable upper section to add more storage and to cover the fridge. Do you have any plans to cover the fridge so you can store stuff in the space above it???
I fix my structure with 2 screw on the front and two turnbuckle on the back, so I can remove everything very quickly!

I'll have to buy a lifting table in order to be able to remove and install it alone.

Wanted to keep the Fridge low because of its size and being a budget build chose to loose a draw in that space.
This left a 70cm space that was not worth dividing to make two draws and so made a flip up easy access to aid better function. The large draw I'll divide accordingly later with when I have all my gear and then can better access if the space is enough for my needs.

Certainly you add to it as i'v already thought about making a removable section that covers the fridge with more selves and plastic draw containers. But as its my only vehicle has to be practical for daily use and shopping...lol

I was having a measure up this afternoon and I'm sure I won't have to sacrifice one of my drawers, the fridge will sit comfortably inside the drawer, I will of course have to cut away the top that the drawer slides under.
The cage I made to go behind the gullwing on the drivers side will need modifying though to allow the fridge to fit.
Originally I was thinking of removing one drawer completely and putting the fridge on the floor but putting it in the drawer means I don't have to buy a fridge slide, and they ain't cheap. :dance:

Be interesting to see your set up Chas. Yes Fridge slides are expensive and didn't want to go down that road.
This is a budget build so I'm using a 100 amp battery as I'll do the write up to why and how soon. The basis is a budget build on all fronts. Be interesting to see how it unfolds Chas and I'll let you guys know.

Back