Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Budget Home Made Rear Draw System

Guys quick update electrical work competed.... fridge freezer now working to use at leisure. More to come shortly.

Thanks

323F0323-3F5C-43D7-AAE6-77F1E5DFF8ED.jpeg

Budget update on cost Guys are set below.

Carpentry

1000TL carpentry labour and materials £190

100TL Material trim labour £20

145TL Carpet / Plastic £26

40TL Carpet spray £8

7TL Hinges £1.20

Grey Spray already had - FREE

Electrical & Accessories

Handles draw £12

Lighter 4 plug £10

Switch 3 plug £15

12 plug Twist £6

Bat guard £18

600TL Auto Electrical Labour inc 100amp battery £120

Total £426.20

Fridge Freezer £400

Grand Total £826.20

So guys pretty happy with this price point hopefully Living up to the listing name.

Last edited:
Today sprayed the bronze galvanised handle ready for fitting next week. Also kinda have to get a fridge insulation cover for the Engel MT45 as the heat here is intense to reduce amps and also cool down faster.
Sadly these are pretty pricey not budget material!! :crazy:

Other than that pretty happy so far having a functional fridge in the car for food, water making life that much richer in every day life. :thumbup:

Guys today fitted the handle and made two side wooden covers for under the flaps to protect separate and the electrical wires at the rear.

Just need to carpet them next and their finished.

Also part of this budget build ordered two marine hatches to cut and fit to the tailgate for recovery gear.
There’s not a great deal of space so couldn’t justify a large price tag so £50 was the total cost here.

Got the idea from a lady member off IH8MUD some years ago.

A nervous attempt on cutting started then visited a car Bodyshop friend where they thankfully cut away the sheet metal for me.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
First measured and cut around the carpet then marked out the metal sheeting.

The right side was harder as their were a sheet brace attached to the top sheet. This was cut and beaten down as much as possible.

IMG_6761.jpg IMG_6762.jpg

Then I used some spare carpet with adhesive I had left over to cover the unattractive , no flat sharp cuttings with newly cut sponges.

IMG_6764.jpg IMG_6766.jpg

Another small detailed job was to protect and shield the electrical wires on both side enclosures. Cut and measured to fit then wrapped in the front only carpet gave a nice finished.

Extras were a lighter housing home on the left and an 2kg fire extinguisher fitted with bracket to the right side protection cover.

AD204C6B-1BD7-4057-8D4F-19D7F6AB720A.jpeg 6398C170-8E7F-4C1E-86E7-A48C48DB9682.jpeg 6E0517A8-258E-471C-8BD7-CCC8559D275F.jpeg

That's looking superb. I have some of those marine hatches saved on my e bay wish list. Don't know what for but they just looked great. Great idea to use them in the tailgate

That's looking superb. I have some of those marine hatches saved on my e bay wish list. Don't know what for but they just looked great. Great idea to use them in the tailgate

Thanks Chris just frees up space for a home for recovery gear and tools. Paid like £45 on eBay for them and then just ones own labour to fit.

I couldn’t fit the 1kg in the tailgate so I opted for the 2kg and rearranged on the side enclosure.

Going through the motions on all the things to pack and organize I’m realizing there’s a lot !!

Last edited:
Latest upgrade a new transit cover to compliment the use and benefit from the extreme heat in Cyprus.

Had to adjust and modify the sliding rail but nonetheless worked out perfectly.

DD758800-B4E1-4290-BB77-3006241682E6.jpeg 819EB369-35AB-40B7-907A-4C2F7C834D62.jpeg

Back