Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

bulbs for 80 series

paulm

Does anyone have a thorough list of bulb sizes for the 80?
Need to get a few spares before going away tomorrow.. nothing like last minute eh?!

Cheers

Paul

Quick option is to go to Halfords and buy their bulb "kit" for an 80 series which seems to cover all the main ones :thumbup: I'm sure it's an expensive way of doing it but it's quick, convenient and bulbs are stored in a decent container. I don't think there are a huge number of different bulbs on an 80 - I needed to replace my number-plate bulb and the one from the kit fitted.

Cheers,
A

I saw the bulb kits, but the ages on the sheet didnt seem to line up.
Do you know the headlight bulb type, then I can make sure at least they fit!

Worth checking because every bulb kit I've seen for a 100 series for example has the wrong headlight bulbs.

paulm said:
I saw the bulb kits, but the ages on the sheet didnt seem to line up.
Do you know the headlight bulb type, then I can make sure at least they fit!

H4 outer lamps H1 inner lamps.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
are the h4 outers the main or dipped?

my dipped are truly shocking!

Brett said:
while you're in Halfords, I can recommend their brilliance rance of bulbs, I've fitted the outer H4's & they made a big difference. Buy one get one free as well. :thumbup:
Or just get the Osram Nightbreaker H4's which also claim to be 90% brighter than standard - around £14 delivered off Amazon! I ordered a set this last weekend :mrgreen:

Dipped = H4! In terms of the Halfords kit, I got the kit no.2 which appears to have all the correct bulbs including the headlight.

Just to add - if you're getting the kit to meet French/EU car requirements, then the Halfords kit does the job. If you're intending to replace or upgrade your lights, then I'm sure there are better value for money and better performing bulbs out there.

I use the Halford kit for spares as the container is fairly robust and the bulbs are stored in sponge, i.e. they should work when you need them, not crushed into a little pile of sand at the bottom of your spares box. For bulbs that I've replaced, I bought higher quality options (including getting fleeced by Mr T once :oops: )

Re: Re: bulbs for 80 series

Andrew Prince said:
Brett said:
while you're in Halfords, I can recommend their brilliance rance of bulbs, I've fitted the outer H4's & they made a big difference. Buy one get one free as well. :thumbup:
Or just get the Osram Nightbreaker H4's which also claim to be 90% brighter than standard - around £14 delivered off Amazon! I ordered a set this last weekend :mrgreen:

Dipped = H4! In terms of the Halfords kit, I got the kit no.2 which appears to have all the correct bulbs including the headlight.

Nightbreakers are good but need to be replaced at every second fuel stop.
I've gone through 2 sets in just over a year. Have the original ones back in now as it was getting expensive...

Sent from TapaTalk

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Halfords fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, but the bulbs I've got in now are the same ones I bought a couple of weeks after buying my 80 (over 2 years ago).

Back