Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bullbars??

BunVegas

Country Flag
australia
Hi All,

I'm the proud owner of 2 year old LC200 Sahara. The car has done about 50,000km and is in need of some protection.

I've been to ARB, TJM, Ironman, Toyota and countless other retailers to try and find out which is the best bar, both aesthetically and performance wise and also whether I need to upgrade the front suspension to handle the extra weight. I dont evisage putting a winch on the front but I'm guessing that is famous last words.

I'd welcome any words of advice.

Cheers BunVegas

I have a TJM on my Troop Carrier the bumpers been on since new so 9 years, and the coating is still all on it, I have seen a 2 year old ironman with the coating falling off

I've got ARB on mine, it had a winch on but doesn't at the moment. Very pleased with it and its still looking great after 4 years. I don't know about the others but the ARB ones have a crumple zone built into them, which may not help in a big shunt but would certainly take some of the energy out of hitting something at low speed. ARB are a lot of money, but in my opinion worth it.

Personally, I would suggest you upgrade your suspension, but you you really don't want to then go for a light bulbar. Out of interest, why does it need protection?

Back