Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bumper lamp assembly

goodoldboy

So Milner vs OEM from roughtrax.are the Toyota ones twice as good?

There's nothing fancy about the Toyota ones and i imagine the copies are just as good . I replaced mine with R/T lights 4 years ago and haven't given them a thought since .

Milners here and perfectly happy since I fitted them 12 months ago
thanks lads the milners it is then.the position is really exposed but they've lasted 19 years.I did read somewhere about a mod to protect em using construction foam?

I haven't heard that one

I cut up an old, thin rubber car mat and bent it loosly around the rear of the assembly in a sort of U-shaped horizontal tunnel to protect it a bit from spray and mud getting kicked up from the wheels

I can't quite remember how I attached it, but it was all pretty obvious and it's stayed in place and seems to do its job. Used the same trick on my old Isuzu Trooper, which had the same problem with exposed bumper lights

You may need the metal frames too if it's really badly corroded. Milners were out of stock when I did it so I re-used my old ones, which were just about serviceable

I used lots of rtv in the rear of the fittings to try and get it waterproof, no fun when the bulbs corrode into the holder. All the exposed metalwork on the back of the lights I painted as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I used lots of rtv in the rear of the fittings to try and get it waterproof, no fun when the bulbs corrode into the holder. All the exposed metalwork on the back of the lights I painted as well.
I don't have any mudflaps on at the mo - the standard ones came off with the side steps & the home made rubber ones got ripped off reversing...so ill look at some sort of cover.I used to have a trayback hilux & through about building some sort of fender/ boxed in wheelarch as even with mudflaps the whole chassis was minging most of the time...

If you haven't already bought the Milner ones I would advise against using the copies from there. I bought one about 12 months ago and it was wired incorrectly, which I didn't spot when I installed it (brake light was on full when side lights were switched on, as if I had my foot permanently on the brake. Bought OEM in the end to replace as I'm not proficient enough to fiddle with the wiring in the Milner item. Turned out to be a false economy

I had the same issue, worked out the correct wiring and Milners asked if I could send them a photo so they could correct that. This was about 3 years ago.

I had the same issue, worked out the correct wiring and Milners asked if I could send them a photo so they could correct that. This was about 3 years ago.

The genuine Toyota ones are twice as heavy as the Milner ones.
I bought the copies for mine and they fitted no problem and made the back look like new again.

Back