Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Buying a Land Cruiser, please help with models (J200, J300, etc.)

johnabreen

Country Flag
united_states
Long time 4Runner owner and always had great experiences with Toyota.
Over the past 6 years I went and had 3 kids so traded the 4Runner for a 2010 Tahoe.
The Tahoe has been aging quickly so now want to trade it in for a real truck, Land Cruiser.

Where is Toyota in development of the Land Cruisers?
Is it right that the J200 series first came out in ~2007?
When can we expect the J300 series?
Should I be patient or look at the '14 model of J200?

Any help or speculation would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Landcruiser 200 series

Hi,
I bought my twin turbo diesel 200 series in November 2007 which likely makes it one of the first. I got rid of it after three sad years. It was totally unsuitable for for long distance overlanding. Why? Because it requires low sulphur diesel. This was imply not available in places we were traveling to like trans-Africa and across Asia. It never actually broke down but the clouds of smoke we left behind us would have made 2nd world war Atlantic destroyers proud - a real smoke screen. The cost of putting everything right was horrendous and when we found very significant bore wear on the rear four cylinders which required an engine rebuild we sold it. We went back to a series 100 having found one that suited our needs. Of course, being in the USA you'll likely be buying petrol and then this issue shall not affect you as those engines are great.

Long time 4Runner owner and always had great experiences with Toyota.
Over the past 6 years I went and had 3 kids so traded the 4Runner for a 2010 Tahoe.
The Tahoe has been aging quickly so now want to trade it in for a real truck, Land Cruiser.

Where is Toyota in development of the Land Cruisers?
Is it right that the J200 series first came out in ~2007?
When can we expect the J300 series?
Should I be patient or look at the '14 model of J200?

Any help or speculation would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello

Im planning to buy a New Land Cruiser,but im confused of choosing v8 or v6 which one is better and is there a big difference in Fuel economy in v8 & v6 ?
how much kilometer will i get if i fuelup full in v8 and c6 on city roads ?

Back