Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Camping Stoves

Err, I found another one when tidying out the garage this weekend. It's old but working. I've lost count.

Sorry.

C

Just bought (won) this to add to the collection:
5971541304_7f60f890ea.jpg

Blacks have a sale on their stoves currently. The 2-burner Camping Gaz version which takes a hose from your big calor bottle is going for about £25 down from £70.

In my opinion for overlanding everything should be multifunctional like a leatherman or Swizz army knife...
For weekends the small jobbies will do, but if you plan on going overland it might be wise to consider the big calor gas bottle and various equipment (stove, lights, heater, fire lighter) can all run off it... And if you're going to camp for more than a weekend, a single burner will just not be up to it...

Well, my 2pce worth..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Does a boab braai count? Been playing with mine for the first time this evening and it seems pretty good :)

Don't look now, but Missus was clearing out her Gran's garage today and brought me another double ring stove. I felt sooo guilty that I had to tell you all. That brings the total to, err, uhm, now then, ahh

LOTS

Chris

before I got a LC and joined this forum I hadn't realised I was a fan of camping stoves ...I have a few! So I got excited in a local hardware store today: 4 NOS campingaz globetrotters (£25 each), and most excitingly, 6 uber-rare 106 cartridges at only £2.50 each!

I fitted longer 206 arms to my globetrotter several years ago. Its a shame, but similarly I dont need a compact travel stove like I used to. Now I'm wondering do I change it back and buy these 6 (checking the web they're like hens teeth), or move on, stop hoarding, and let them go to someone that would appreciate them more?

What you do is get them for me!! I am running low on the 106

Please don't make me beg

Chris

okay chris! first thing I thought when I saw them was of the threads I'd read on here :icon-biggrin: I couldnt remember who, but I know that the globetrotter has a following. I'd like them myself but am also trying to resist amassing more stuff, it's coming out my ears. This is something I think I'm happy to pass on, given their rarity and thus the system's diminishing practicality to me. I'll grab them and keep them safe for you - will you be going to Lincomb? (I hope to).

I take it you only want the cartridges, not the stoves too? Anyone else? I get the feeling the place might do me a bulk-buy discount on the stoves to clear their dusty shelves. They've got plenty of the normal size cartridges if they're also of any use, but they're still pretty available last time I looked?

Awesome. Yes at Lincomb for sure now
Woohoo the kids can have hot food again

Well at Christmas at least

Thanks

C

Sorry no, don't need the stoves really

Are they complete with pans then?

No probs. the 106s have your name on!
The stove burners are as new in their boxes, with the pan set. There are 4 units, one in slightly different box style. There was also a loose burner head on the shelf (ex display?) so the pans for it might be about too. I'm almost tempted to get one of the stoves as both the pans and the way they're held are bloody great, and I've another set of longer legs I could use to convert it to standard cartriges... But then I've generallly accepted that if I'm to do an ultra-light hike/camp these days, I'll either manage without a stove, or look into a jetboil or something.
must. resist. the. nostalgia!!

I have original plus the updated version with the screw on canister
Stop tempting me

What a shame

Hey Duvs shame you couldn't make Lincomb. Don't tell me you didn't come just because you couldn't bear to part with those cartridges?

haha! sorry i had more serious issues than reluctance to part with them! yes gutted i couldnt make it. i did get them for you though. best not post them... i'm travelling to Nottingham next thurs - back tuesday if that's any good? ive not checked the map but chesterfield will be quite a way off route to the north i'd suppose. dont worry i'll keep em safe until we RV

edit: sorry i shouldve said Norwich not Nottingham. hmm and chesterfeild doesnt look that far off course..

Last edited:
I saw a very nice Skillet for a colman duel fuel over the lincomb weekend and cant for the life of me remember where it cam from or who had it so if anyone knows where I might be able to get one then do let me know,

Grant was using one and so was I. I think my came from Sainsburys.

Back