Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Camping test run

Andykdj95

Country Flag
great_britain
Had a great weekend camping and testing out all our kit, in preparation for a trip around Europe next year.
Very happy with Snow Master fridge freezer

IMG_20170820_093520.jpg IMG_20170820_093538.jpg

Last edited:
Looks well Andy. We have done 5 continental camping holidays in the 95, it's a great touring vehicle. Like you we use a ground tent and it gives great freedom while using sites as a base for a few days. Hope you enjoy it

Looks well Andy. We have done 5 continental camping holidays in the 95, it's a great touring vehicle. Like you we use a ground tent and it gives great freedom while using sites as a base for a few days. Hope you enjoy it
Thanks Bob. Have had so much fun building and altering my truck, and now loving the camping, it's win win.

Which SnoMaster have You got?

I have got 2 `82s & one 40 is due in. Contemplating buying a console cooler as well
The "InDoorBoss" demanded the big 82 double... It does take up alot of room though..
I very much like the remote control and bag on them.
The cigarett lighter plug will be replaced for a "better" solution very very soon!
I have spoken to the BigBoss of Snomaster & asked hiom to come up with a branded rocker switch for the cooler.

Which SnoMaster have You got?

I have got 2 `82s & one 40 is due in. Contemplating buying a console cooler as well
The "InDoorBoss" demanded the big 82 double... It does take up alot of room though..
I very much like the remote control and bag on them.
The cigarett lighter plug will be replaced for a "better" solution very very soon!
I have spoken to the BigBoss of Snomaster & asked hiom to come up with a branded rocker switch for the cooler.
Hi Peter
Ive got the 60l twin there a great bit of kit, have setup a 100ah leisure battery in the back, with a ctek split charger and a solar panel seems to work well.

Thanks Andy!

I was gunning for the 60D but the LadyBoss wanted to "supersize"... the fridge :)
I was occationally run it off a 75Ah NationalLuna Powerbox. Its very flexible & eases the pain when switching vehicles. I am going to add a solar panel to the RTT, so thats gonna add power to the accumulators too.
I`ll throw some more info into my Garage-thread once it evolves further :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Bob
I see you have the D4D like mine, with 1 or 2 miles more than me lol, I'm on 120k
Just interested on any tips as I want to keep mine going as long as pos,
How often and what oil you use, are you on original injectors, and what about the ball joints. Any advice welcome cheers.

I change oil and filters at 9-10 thousand intervals. I use genuine Toyota filters and Valvoline 10w/40 oil. Grease the props maybe every 2nd service and gearbox oils a bit less often.

Pretty much everything on the engine is original and completely untouched except the timing and aux belts and the scv's on the fuel pump.

Edit.. oh it's had the starter reconditioned

As for underneath, it's only had general standard wear items,
Brake pads & rear discs
Drop links,
Arb, control arm & steering rack bushes
Uni joints on the props
Shocks

Non standard things it's had are a fuel filler pipe, a rear wiper motor and a steering wheel cover

C.V joints could do with looking at, though the boots are perfect, and in from new

I've never done the ball joints, or springs etc, but our roads are not treated with vast quantities of salt like the UK, so the underside of cars is far less corroded.

I change oil and filters at 9-10 thousand intervals. I use genuine Toyota filters and Valvoline 10w/40 oil. Grease the props maybe every 2nd service and gearbox oils a bit less often.

Pretty much everything on the engine is original and completely untouched except the timing and aux belts and the scv's on the fuel pump.

Edit.. oh it's had the starter reconditioned

As for underneath, it's only had general standard wear items,
Brake pads & rear discs
Drop links,
Arb, control arm & steering rack bushes
Uni joints on the props
Shocks

Non standard things it's had are a fuel filler pipe, a rear wiper motor and a steering wheel cover

C.V joints could do with looking at, though the boots are perfect, and in from new

I've never done the ball joints, or springs etc, but our roads are not treated with vast quantities of salt like the UK, so the underside of cars is far less corroded.
Cheers Bob
It's amazing how tough they are.
Yes the underside of mine is in excellent condition as we don't get snow often here in Jersey ether.
Yeh I've changed suspension went for Pedders, done cv,s cam belt all discs and pads, All the oils, blanked the erg and knocked the cat out with a large pole lol
No MOT here. I think I may service the starter next time I'm bored.
Maybe I should get a land rover to keep me busy lol.

Mine is classed as a commercial vehicle so gets a mandatory test once a year. So has to be kept fairly right. That's not hard with these though, it just keeps on going. If you abuse them constantly, they can be killed, but if looked after in any way, they last. I'd have no doubts about taking mine to Italy in the morning if I had to.. if only!!

Back