Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can I upgrader from 31x10.5x15 to 33x9.5x15?

4x4xfaz

Hi,

Currently have 31 inch tyres and want to go upto 33 inch, is it possible with my same rims?
31x10.5x15 to 33x9.5x15
thanks

Yes, the rims shouldn't be a problem there, Faz. The rim width and the tyre width combination is what is important, not the height of the tyre. Going from a 10.5" tyre to a 9.5" shouldn't be an issue - do you know the width of the rim? If the rim was the right width for the 10.5" tyre, a 9.5 should be fine. But without know the rim width, giving a definite answer on what tyres are a good fit or not is impossible.

The only thing that might be an issue is if the LC is still on original suspension, this may have sagged and a 33" tyre may rub a bit under articulation. Depending on what model LC you're talking about, with a small lift or suspension in reasonable shape, you should be fine.

Cheers,

Actually the tyre upgrade is for my "other" vehicle not a LC :oops:

The tyre size principals should still be the same hopefuly.

Hmmpphhh... Are you allowed to ask questions like that then? Tsk tsk tsk... :p

Re: Can I upgrade from 31x10.5x15 to 33x9.5x15?

Well I found at that it is possible to fit 33x9.5 to my 15 inch rims (had 31x105x15 before) Although they appear much slimmer than I had hoped.

Before and after pics:

31x10.5x15

IMAG0233.jpg

33x9.5x15

Y60Safarion33x95x15BFGoodrichtyres.jpg

I decided to keep this 1996 Y60 Patrol TD42 after selling my 1997 HDJ82 GX....why? well ... my main reason is that it costs a third of any 80 and its much easier to work on due to simple components and no electric bits to go wrong!

I still believe the LC80 is supreme but the Y60 is the closest you can get at less than half the price.

P.S another good plus to Y60 ownership YOU CAN FIT 33" tyres WITHOUT ANY LIFT!! :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
4x4xfaz said:
P.S another good plus to Y60 ownership YOU CAN FIT 33" tyres WITHOUT ANY LIFT!! :lol:
You can fit 33s on an 80 without any lift too ;)

The Pootrol is a solid vehicle but it makes an 80 look like a rocket ship in the performance stakes. :mrgreen:

A TD42T isnt too much slower than a hdj80... I have had many Patrol td42 that can do 95mph tbh not as quick to get there as an 80.

The build quality and materials used are much much better on an 8o and the drive is very comfortable and smooth for sure.

But as stated before I chose Y60 as it cost much cheaper to buy...and maintain.

Back