Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can you lift the body off the chassis on a Colorado?

You sound like a man after my own heart, and a tool junkie to boot! I've just taken a few pics to give you a flavour, the Land Cruiser I was going to see has been sold already so no big box of spares yet sadly.
Would love a telehandler but they fetch too much money normally. Your 3CX would have post dated my 3c2 by several years, I've attached a pic of the old girl in the gallery.
Have just replaced the first 60 or so hoses and the steering has died so I'm in the middle of trying to find seals for the orbitron although I've got a used spare which I'll probably fit and a new pump. Annoyingly it was all fine until I fitted new steering hoses, s*d's law I guess. I bought her over a quarter of a century ago to clear a load of old wartime bases from part of my fields and she's been an absolute godsend ever since, she's even responsible for several houses' footings in the village
The 2 post lift is waiting for the rebuilt Nissen Hut where it'll normally live, it's a lot wider than our old one so needs modifications to the hut hence being out in the open at the mo. The four poster may have to be in line with it unless we can successfully widen the hut with adequate clearance for tall vehicles.
I've also done a couple of pics of the 'tyre bay' where we have very old but functional diagnostic, smoke test and 4 wheel alignment plus of course tyre changing and balancing. The mondeo on the 2 poster is a friend's and would you believe it, another needing a front wheel bearing. Why is it that the amount that needs doing expands to t+24hrs or thereabouts?
I've created an album called Bubba's Home so you can get a flavour of where she lives.

Talking of 'Toys' . . . Did I mention "Thunderbird - 2" ???

DSCN5531.jpg

Its very handy when you have dead trees to remove, trees to prune or guttering to clear :thumbup:.

DSCN6226.jpg

I bought it four years ago from a Farm in Devon (near Dawlish Warren) - rode down overnight on my 'small' BMW motorcycle, put the bike in the back and drove home to Edinburgh :lol: (I was younger then).

Bob.

Love her, you are proving more and more you must be my long lost brother or something, just the sort of daft thing I would have done a while back. Would love one of these but could not justify it although my better half (she says so) would probably let me have one if I promised to fix the chimney stacks with it. If you're ever coming down the east coast and have time to drop by let me know, I'd love to meet up.

Just a note on the induction heater for bolts/nuts. I have a Sealey unit and they are great on anything M10 and above. For anything smaller they are a bit pants and I reach for the oxy propane every time.

Thanks Trevor, useful info. Are they any good for chunks like hub carriers where bearings are stuck in and resisting even a 15 tonne press and can they be used on things like track rods where the nuts for the ends are seized etc? Like Bob I think one could be a useful addition if it is versatile enough, if it can get to siezed bolts etc. that's great as it should avoid some of the potential collateral from Oxy Acetylene, especially where I would have resorted to a gas axe as I haven't been able to get in safely.

Never tried on hub carriers and to be honest I think that may be too big, track rod ends would be more suitable but again not had the opportunity yet to try that out. The coil needs to be as close to and surround the thing you want to heat up, ideally getting a couple or more turns of the coil over it helps as well. Has it's limitations but where it does work it's brilliant. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No probs, thanks for your input, gone way off topic already.

Back