Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Canadian Greaser In Europe

danakittilsen

Country Flag
canada
Hey folks,
I've converted my 1hd-t to a two tank system for running 100% WVO.
I've run 100% or some blend for a good portion of the 96,000km since installation.
Using a long term cold settling upflow filtration system, with 200, 17 and 10 micron filters.

I'm about to ship my HDJ81 from Halifax to Hamburg, for a year (at least).
From what I gather there are more regulations surround alternative fuel use in the EU than in Canada. Read: there are regulations at all. I've never once heard any talk about taxed fuel, or road side checks. I started keeping fuel logs when I started but quickly let that fall by the wayside.
I will mostly be in Germany, but we will be doing a long road trip through Scandinavia for the summer. It will likely be different for each different country in the EU I realize. Is there some sort of directory to go to learn about the regulations governing WVO collection, processing and use?

Does anyone know of a forum that has a self registry for people using alternative fuels in Europe? Ih8mud has one, but that seems to be primarily N.American users.

And finally would anyone here be willing to share or sell filtered oil to us on our road trip?
or alternatively can we talk about on the road filtration systems?

Cheers
Dana

Back