Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

car parks.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
what a waste of space.

I wonder how many thousands of acres of the country are covered in tarmac, concentrating water into underwater drainage and capping off the life giving soil underneath, just so we can park our tin cans there for probable a reasonable unnecessary errand.
then they are left laying dormant for the remaining 12 hours of the 24 hour cycle...

just an observation..

Quite handy if you need somewhere to park though. Say, at an airport for example or local pole dancing club.

You OK fella?

lol. yeah im good ta.
working in the big smoke at the moment. sat in traffic a lot. the mind wanders..
it wont happen again..:)

There are lots of issues causing flooding, agricultural practices, people laying over their gardens. Removal of trees, building on flood plains, river straightening etc etc etc
I think carparks are well down the list

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The only fluid plain not now built on in the country is the Waveney in Norfolk/Suffolk

There are lots of issues causing flooding, agricultural practices, people laying over their gardens. Removal of trees, building on flood plains, river straightening etc etc etc
I think carparks are well down the list
I know.
my "thoughts" were more pointed towards the huge amount of space they take up for the temporary function of leaving a form of transportation there while we go about a errand or attend a place of work etc.

its not the carparks that are the problem- just women and oaps shouldn't be allowed to use them! taking up 1.5 spaces and then shamelessly looking the other way as they walk off.

they should do what Walmart does in he US, allow over night parking for free. I think there some rule, you cant arrive before 21:00 and have to leave before 09:00, it seems to work. I think the guy who owns Walmart lived in his car for a year or more, so he opened up his car parks to mobile homes. I probably got the story completely wrong. I like to think it true :)

don't the police sleep in their cars overnight in carparks anyway

they should do what Walmart does in he US, allow over night parking for free. I think there some rule, you cant arrive before 21:00 and have to leave before 09:00, it seems to work. I think the guy who owns Walmart lived in his car for a year or more, so he opened up his car parks to mobile homes. I probably got the story completely wrong. I like to think it true :)
You can, most supermarkets will let you stay in their carpark overnight in a motorhome.

I know.
my "thoughts" were more pointed towards the huge amount of space they take up for the temporary function of leaving a form of transportation there while we go about a errand or attend a place of work etc.
So whats the alternative?

You can, most supermarkets will let you stay in their carpark overnight in a motorhome.
The big Tesco in Dover is full of overnighters/ motor homes etc, All waiting for the morning ferry I guess.. Its a 24hr Tesco S0 pretty handy for families to eat and sleep before the onward journey.. Thing is how does anyone Police it? If no ones causing any trouble, Leave 'em' be I guess... But when the Sandwich and district Drifting and Skiddy wheel club start using it at 3 in the morning for practice.. Then it will ruin it for everyone..

I think under ground car parks are good in the sense that it doesn't take any additional space. The problem I have with them is the height restrictions, since I've added a roof rack I can't get into 99% of them so now I have to rely on the open car parks which is a massive waist of space.

There’s a lot of underground car parks on the continent. Some clever ways to use them too.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of underground car parks on the continent. Some clever ways to use them too.
That's an impressive bit of engineering... Love to be a fly on the wall when the computer decides to have a' glich'

That's clever but will our cruiser fit?

I remember driving in to a multi storey CP in Bristol in the rush hour and the LR I was driving was too tall to enter. Result was that the whole of Bristol had to reverse to let me out, otherwise we would still all be there.

Back