Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

car parks.

There’s a deceptive ramp off the West Cross Route at Shepherd’s Bush that from a distance appears to let you turn around on the A3220.

Instead it spits you straight into the bowels of a special kind of hell: the Westfield shopping centre multi-storey car park.

I’m not the only one who’s fallen for this but I bet not many people have had to do the embarrassing exit through the car park at 2mph with a Maggiolina knocking every height barrier in sight.

This is one of my pet hates about some outside car parks. Why a 2.0m height limit when there is clearly nothing but clouds above? :angry-screaming:

Screenshot_20181129-191707-01.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is one of my pet hates about some outside car parks. Why a 2.0m height limit when there is clearly nothing but clouds above? :angry-screaming:

View attachment 151636
I've always assumed it was to stop commercial vehicles using it as a lorry park. My 80,with roof rack is a fraction under 2mtr but I still duck when I go under them.

I think under ground car parks are good in the sense that it doesn't take any additional space. The problem I have with them is the height restrictions, since I've added a roof rack I can't get into 99% of them so now I have to rely on the open car parks which is a massive waist of space.
They don’t do a lot for the drainage issue either.

Back