Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Car tax and CV.

frank rabbets

Guru
My 80 MOT expires on 25th April. I need to tax it on 30th April but cannot do this until I get a new MOT. Government online says I need to either tax it or SORN it even with the CV outbreak. I don't fancy taking it for MOT as I have COPD, am73 yoa and have advanced prostate cancer. Have I got the rules right?
Cheers and good luck.

Unless they’ve changed Frank everyone had six months grace if your vehicle required an MOT after end March. You should still be able to tax your 80 as long as it is still also insured. I’m in same boat. Good Luck mate.

Hi Frank i'm in the same boat but was able to renew the tax with the 16 digit ref. no. on the tax reminder letter you must have received through the post.
I'm sure you'll be able to tax your cruiser, good luck and stay safe

My 80 MOT expires on 25th April. I need to tax it on 30th April but cannot do this until I get a new MOT. Government online says I need to either tax it or SORN it even with the CV outbreak. I don't fancy taking it for MOT as I have COPD, am73 yoa and have advanced prostate cancer. Have I got the rules right?
Cheers and good luck.
Have you checked this?

Frank, there is an update here;
Cheers

Thanks for the help. Looks like I need to wait until the MOT actually expires before the 6 months extension kicks in so I won't be able to tax it until then.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorn it.? Save some money.... Doesn't look like you are going anywhere in the next month or so.

My MOT ran out 2nd April but when I checked the MOT site mentioned above initially it gave the same expiry date but later the date was changed to October and there was a message on the site that they were updating records in due date order so the further off the MOT was due the less likely it would have been updated yet as they work through the records.

Back