Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Car Trailer wanted

guruvetim

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Hi All

I'm on the lookout for a trailer for my kit car.

Would like a Brian James tilt trailer or similar.

Anybody got one for sale?

Cheers

i havnt one for sale but one to look at would be the ifor ct177. a great trailer and is 3.5T.

thats what i have. i think you would be hard pushed to beat it to be honest.

I have an Ifor Williams CT167G going up for sale. I bought it from a registered dealer & transferred all details to Ifor Williams & TER registers in my name, so it's honest! It's tilt bed & optional dropsides, with short tailboard. Being the 167 it's 7'wide (16'deck length) & has been looked after. I've fitted a 12v electric winch to replace hand winch. I'm only looking to sell as my son & I will be building a fully enclosed ali skinned unit to carry the race car.
PM me if interested, I have loads of pics & would rather not deal with the idiots / charlatans on the 'open market'...
Kind regards,

Euan

NB: with the dropsides, you can also use it for more than car-towing duties - and it's rated to 3.5 ton as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chapel Gate: that's effectively what I've forwarded to the OP, thanks for confirming I've got a good option to sell :blush: Much appreciated.

Chapel Gate: that's effectively what I've forwarded to the OP, thanks for confirming I've got a good option to sell :blush: Much appreciated.

They are a great trailer Euan. my mate has the same trailer that i borrow a fair bit. between us we have a trailer for every job. For the op your trailer would be ok. i found that with a cruiser on them they are very top heavy and as i see it unsafe. The one trick pony safley does what it needs to.

Karl, I would agree entirely with you there. If I was going for a car-hauler for stuff like LC's or full-size yanks like my wife's G20, I'd want a CT177 too!

As it is, for an all-rounder, pulling vehicles with a lower C of G than a big 4x4, the CT167 works very well. Dropsides & big capacity for materials & general use are a bonus.

What I'm planning for our next one is a low-level chassis similar in design to a CT177 with the deck between the wheels & as low as I can go, coupled with full alloy-framed enclosure & probably Dibond skin (I'm glad my son can TIG).

No worries.
I've towed plenty of 80s on the back of one of these no problem.
I suppose it can come down to different driving styles/abilities.

The op is after a rig for his race kit car. These tend not to weight all that much.
When he's not ferrying the kit car about the op can spend his other weekends moving furniture for relatives..:)

Back