Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Caravan sold.....then crashed

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
As some of you know i am selling my caravan, well its now sold and gone.......but :evil:

The guy came from Shropshire (nothing wrong with that) but i think this guy would be the same where ever he came from.
He came down this moring after about 50 emails during the week and viewed it, loved it and paid me for it in cash, job done i thought..................
After sorting the paperwork i said i was off to the wardens office (it was stored on a holiday park) to collect the spare set of keys that they keep and he said he would hook up the van and draw it out from the parking space, i did enquire to his experience and he said he had been a caravaner for years......and judging by the checklist he went through before towing i trusted him............. :roll:
As i was walking back to the van he was coming up the slope towards the office and drew up past me, just as the caravan came unhitched and rolled backwards down the hill :shock: all the way until it crashed into the brand new shower block that had just been installed yesterday.
It turns out that he had not locked it on properly and to top it all off, he does not trust the al-ko stabiliser handles and had tied it down.......nothing wrong with that i hear you cry.......but he had also tied the rope around the handbrake lever.......so when it broke away the breakaway cable couldn't pull on the brakes on(which are very good on the van) and in fact snapped the cable :evil:
Anyway, there was decking around the shower block which the tyres hit, and the body of the van smashed into the steel pillar right between the big windows, phew.
In all, virtually no damage to the shower block, but a completly stuffed in rear of caravan. :lol:
Lucky i had the cash in my pocket, and lots of volunteers to push it up the slope.

I agree, nothing wrong with people from Shropshire ;)

But I do hope he had it insured :shock: :oops: :oops:

What a story of complete insanity Paul...

I do hope you took some pictures ;-)

I wonder how many reasons he was trying to com up with that the deal was not yet done and it was still your caravan.

Pretty insane story :o

wow what a nuttar....
glad you had the cash...... :D
pictures? :lol:

No pictures i'm afraid, was a little tense with the site wardens but they were great as it was just a bit of woodwork scratched, very lucky escape.
The guy just called and he has got home with the van ok, i always hate it when you get a call after selling something, always think twice about answering phone.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Paul said:
i always hate it when you get a call after selling something, always think twice about answering phone.

Why Paul? You should always have a clear conscience after selling stuff :roll: ;)

Crispin said:
I wonder how many reasons he was trying to com up with that the deal was not yet done and it was still your caravan.

Your 15mins are up, are you going to get permittion to correct your typo? or leave it there for all to see for ever?

Welcome to our world :mrgreen:

24Seven said:
Crispin said:

Your 15mins are up, are you going to get permittion to correct your typo? or leave it there for all to see for ever?

Welcome to our world :mrgreen:

I think you need to edit that quick Matt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back