Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Carreta 1500 model Teardrop Trailer

Have you seen this on eBay UK? Been on there for a wee while. Don’t know anything about it but may give you some inspiration.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/114087707329

As Shayne said not having a seating area and being able to stand up would put me off a teardrop model but then again we’re in Northern Europe and not Cyprus. I’ve had an Australian camper trailer (too much work setting up for shortstops) and an Eriba caravan (bit old and small) in the last couple of years - my next trailer will be one I can live in and use all year round in all conditions.

Yes, Jacob saw these and many others in the UK at the beginning of my research. This one looked pretty good although a few issues with it.

These were-

Way over my budget
Unfinished project
Would need the costs of visiting the UK to look at it
Would cost £1500 on the price agreed to ship it here plus higher import taxes

For these main reasons didn't see it as an option TBH. Then looked at making one here in Cyprus but then would need all the extra windows, handles, electrical specialized parts and so much more to be imported. After adding this up and the time and energy it simply didn't make sense with the experimental idea of how good it would turn out and at what cost.

After this, I turned to the Carreta 1500 model to where I could get a standard model not off-road for around £2500, cheaper delivery having to ferry to Turkey and then drive and lower import taxes.

Small changes like the bedding to fold to a seat can be made herein Cyprus which would like to have both to sit and sleep in.

So, for now, that's where I'm at still, an option to option but narrowing down best-case scenarios.

Thanks

Guys after a couple of summer seasons looking to transition from the rooftop tent/ awning setup currently used. Although the setup worked well for a beginner like myself there are some issues that cannot get away with. These, as you may know, better than me are as follows-

-Troublesome taking the roof gear on and off usually needing a forklift / JCB digger
- Not interchangeable easily
-Storage and handling issues
-Damaging vehicle paint every time along with the rooftop tent
-Choosing a drivers side RHD awning setup kinda inhibits my headroom getting out of the vehicle
-Having to pack up and pack off the vehicle on short notice
-Carry more weight around on the chance you decide to camp.

For these and perhaps more reasons looking to trade out and get a teardrop trailer.

Overall immediate benefits will be-

- Having a ready setup always with just a few minutes to hitch up
- Solar power, Bluetooth, optional TV, A\C, Heating, etc
- designated kitchen
- better sleeping area
- no setup other than side out awning option and un-hitching
- easy to maneuver
- no more fuel used
- Water tanks, shower
- sink, cooker, fridge and plenty of storage
- Price very reasonable and comparable
- better privacy
- and more
- under 750KG regulation limit advantage

The model I'm looking at his made in Turkey and can buy new or used. prices range depending on specs and models around £3000-£8000.

The model I'm interested in is the 1500 model being the width and the "off-road" version. Picture for reference.

https://carettacaravan.eu/caravan/caretta-off-road/

Be interested in your thoughts guys much appreciated.

View attachment 163939
I like it:thumbup:

Back